• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Wife Mad - Buried Her Vehicle!!!

Kurtiss

Private
Minuteman
So a while back, my wife and I drove down to our hunting lease one weekend to blow off some steam with some friends. It was summertime. The first night at about 9:00 in the evening, my buddy and I decide to go out for a ride. We take the wife's Jeep. When we are leaving my wife says, "Please don't get my Jeep dirty". I say, " Don't worry about it. We will stick to the main roads". I know the roads pretty well, so no big deal. Well, there is one road that runs between a cypress swamp. What I didn't realize is that the swamp had retaken this road. As we are driving, I noticed the ground was a little gooey. No big deal. Well, then it gets really gooey. So, I stomp on it. It was working out really well, until we began sinking. So, I stomp on it more. Well, that didn't work out to well either.

So me and my buddy sit there stuck in the mud. He can not open the passenger door, because it is under the mud. That is not the bad part. The bad part is that there was no moon out, we were about a mile from camp, it was about 10:00 at night, and neither of us had the bright idea to bring a flashlight. So, we make our way in the dark, through the muck, and finally find what we believe is the main road. We make it back to camp at about 1:00 in the morning.

So, the next morning, my wife wakes up and asks me how our ride was. I reply, "It was great! Do you know where the keys to the tractor are?". She was not happy. So we bring the tractor down and hook it up. Guess what. It does not budge the Jeep. The earth had swallowed it in quicksand, and it was not coming out. So, I call in a tow truck. Yeah. He ends up getting stuck. So, he calls in another tow truck. We finally free the Jeep at about 3:00 that afternoon. It then took me 2 days to clean it.

I have learned my lesson. I realize I am now to old and wise to ever get another vehicle stuck in the mud. I think. Oh well, time will tell! Pictures of the morning after.

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

Re: Wife Mad - Buried Her Vehicle!!!

Wait til you find out there is still water in the tranny and when it gets hot it gysers pink tranny fluid all over the engine compartment (Bronco- Alaska)
grin.gif

Hahaha... Not laughing at you. But WITH you. My first full bore 4X4 I drove in hunting one morning about 0430 and stayed out for the day. I got warm during the day and had lunch of sardines crackers. After dark I made my way out by flashlight. Met my 2 friends near the Blazer and we all got out of our junk and crawled in. Wheels turned over about 4 times and it went straight to the frame rails. Friend who owned the farm brought his 100 hp John Deere and brought it right out. I tried to remember where to park next time.

Oops! Can't say I haven't gne to get a tractor a time or two myself.

That reminds me of when I lived in Alaska in the 80s. (yes, it does date me a bit). I was in Fairbanks and had a new Toyota 4x4. I turned off a back road to turn around and immediately sank in the soft perma-frost ground. I put it in four wheel drive and proceeded to bury the truck to the frame. It was about 10:30 at night but it was summer so it was still light out. I walked to my buddies house, but he was already asleep and not too happy that I woke him up. He did promise to pull me out in the morning with his jeep. (He lost buddy points that night by not being willing to help when I needed him). I could not sleep all night. I just kept thinking that my truck would sink like it was in quick sand and be gone under the perma frost before I even made the first payment. Luckily it was easily pulled out the next morning. But I learned that perma-frost is sneaky and looks a lot more firm than it is.

i went to colorado last christmas. stayed with my brother in ft.collins. he and his wife went off to see her family and he left me his truck. a 1999 tacoma 4x4 5spd with the 2.7l 4cyl.

being a native texan- i really wanted to go see the mountains, so i drove down highway 34 and into rocky mountain national park. i was on some little road out in the middle of nowhere, and i see a really good view of Longs Peak. i slowed down and steered off the road. i got out took a few pictures. when i got back in the truck, it wouldnt move.

the truck had sunk into about 2 feet of snow that had gotten plowed off the road. it was buried all the way to the frame. i ended up backing it out in 4wd low, after what seemed an eternity of rocking it forward and reverse.

Why cant your buddy open the his dorr from looking at the pics it is a good foot or 2 above the mud. And what the hell was you using for a tractor that thing isnt bogged down like your story. the mud isnt even over the center of the wheels. Tell your buddy to unlock the door next time he wants out because mud didnt keep him from getting out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurtiss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I didn't realize is that the swamp had retaken this road. As we are driving, I noticed the ground was a little gooey. No big deal. Well, then it gets really gooey. </div></div>

Courtesy of Tropical Storm Fay
smile.gif

Open Differentials?

That shit sucks,been there.

I used to work with a guy that got a Cherokee stuck so bad that he had to get a small dozer to get it out ( no big tractors around). Needless to say he never went down that path before.

That must have been some sticky stuff. It takes a good deal to get one of those stuck.

Doesn't sound at all like a sad story...but your did find the weakness of the stock open differentials of the factory 4x4. Consider a Powertrax Lock-Right for a tolerable full-time rear end locker, or an ARB for a selectable locker for either axle.

Difference? Night and day. There's been a Lock-Right in my 2wd Chevy pickup for the past three years and 40,000 miles, so longevity is not a concern. The difference in traction is astounding. Everything from dry soft sand to soaking wet clay soil is not a problem. The Lock-Right is a weekend driveway type project, the ARB (unless you are really brave) is probably a pay-somebody-to-do-it type project.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have to have a winch. </div></div>

It's a sinking feeling when your Warn 9500 stalls when you are stuck out in the middle of fucking no where. You would think a 9500 would pull a 2dr Tahoe out of almost anything.
whistle.gif

Your jeep didn't look all that stuck. But what would I know? I only pull them out.
grin.gif

Here's what I use...

Two come-alongs; maximum length of chain prefered. max load you can get too.
High Lift Jack
Two shovels
And as much Kitty Litter as possible.
Wood blocks help too, as do those metal things you put under the wheels.

Pulled off down a ranch road in Nv last fall, with a two wheel drive F250 and a homemade 24' steel goosneck nicknamed the grey whale. it has snowed the night before, but the road had always been good, well long story short we barried the pickup and goosneck past the top of the wheels of the pickup, it was a bad day at the office! We just trotted back out to the main road and called a friend to bring a horsetrailer to come get us.

Damn thing was, it was 0 that night and came out without a problem the next morning, you got to love "the freeze"

Looks like a good time to me. Any suds involved?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have to have a winch. </div></div>

It's a sinking feeling when your Warn 9500 stalls when you are stuck out in the middle of fucking no where. You would think a 9500 would pull a 2dr Tahoe out of almost anything.
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Get a "snatch block". Doubles effective pull power.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alreadygone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have to have a winch. </div></div>

whistle.gif
</div></div>

Get a "snatch block". Doubles effective pull power.

Bob </div></div>

Snatch block, isn't that your date's fat girlfriend?

dont put a locker in a stock dana 35 rear diff. or buy extra shafts at the junk yard if you do

Time to invest in much better tires for one. Some Dana 60s, a 4 speed atlas and a small block. Some 54 Boggers should do well in that mix.

that jeep looks just fine covered in mud, the way it should be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurtiss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So a while back, my wife and I drove down to our hunting lease one weekend to blow off some steam with some friends. It was summertime. The first night at about 9:00 in the evening, my buddy and I decide to go out for a ride. We take the wife's Jeep. When we are leaving my wife says, "Please don't get my Jeep dirty". I say, " Don't worry about it. We will stick to the main roads". I know the roads pretty well, so no big deal. Well, there is one road that runs between a cypress swamp. What I didn't realize is that the swamp had retaken this road. As we are driving, I noticed the ground was a little gooey. No big deal. Well, then it gets really gooey. So, I stomp on it. It was working out really well, until we began sinking. So, I stomp on it more. Well, that didn't work out to well either.

So me and my buddy sit there stuck in the mud. He can not open the passenger door, because it is under the mud. That is not the bad part. The bad part is that there was no moon out, we were about a mile from camp, it was about 10:00 at night, and neither of us had the bright idea to bring a flashlight. So, we make our way in the dark, through the muck, and finally find what we believe is the main road. We make it back to camp at about 1:00 in the morning.

So, the next morning, my wife wakes up and asks me how our ride was. I reply, "It was great! Do you know where the keys to the tractor are?". She was not happy. So we bring the tractor down and hook it up. Guess what. It does not budge the Jeep. The earth had swallowed it in quicksand, and it was not coming out. So, I call in a tow truck. Yeah. He ends up getting stuck. So, he calls in another tow truck. We finally free the Jeep at about 3:00 that afternoon. It then took me 2 days to clean it.

I have learned my lesson. I realize I am now to old and wise to ever get another vehicle stuck in the mud. I think. Oh well, time will tell! Pictures of the morning after.

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00260.jpg
</div></div>

Nice work. I remember one sday going out with tmy jeep and one of the local kids said"You dont wanna go in there.". I say" Its a jeep, watch.". that night it froze really hard. Got the jeep out about 2 weeks later after it thawed.

I'm not sayin' you ain't stuck, but those pretty tires suck in the mud. A real mud tire should say "Interco" on the sidewall.

I have stalled my Warn 9.5ti even with a snatch block. It is a fairly stout winch, but not in the same class as the M-8274.

I always enjoy a stuck pic.

Damn I remember this thread from when I first started watching this site. I had just bought my YJ back then. Still have never got it stuck this bad, but came close once or twice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ALShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have to have a winch. </div></div>

whistle.gif
</div></div>

Were you stalking me in the Talladega forest during my drunken college years? I had my 2dr STUCK out there after midnight many a times. Never on a night that wasn't wet and freezing cold. I always kept a blanket and a lady friend nearby though. Not a whole lot to do when help is over an hour away from getting there
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OT-Medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least you got it out. Just don't ever do what this guy did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJA3J--g_yI&feature=youtube_gdata_player</div></div>

I got a real kick out of the dumbass asking if the driver could turn the wheel.... That would have really helped!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rem300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The two biggest lies a man can ever tell. "I've never done it" and "I'll never do it again." </div></div>

and here i always thought the 3 biggest lies ever told were...

a) checks in the mail
b) its only a cold sore
c) i promise i wont cum in your mouth

grin.gif

AND THIS IS WHY EVERYONE should buy 4x4... so they can help you out of that situation<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunny81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel ya.....

223528_10150239821222577_2492988_n.jpg
</div></div>