• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wikileaks update

Re: wikileaks update

I don't get it. That site has posted classified information. It would seem that would give the feds a legit way to shut it down and damn I wish they would. Sites like that serve no useful purpose and ruin lives.

I don't believe that Wikilinks is an American based web site. If I recall, they have servers in Australia and Norway so they're a little out of our reach.

However charging a 22 year old Army private with war-time treason certainly sounds reasonable...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. That site has posted classified information. It would seem that would give the feds a legit way to shut it down and damn I wish they would. Sites like that serve no useful purpose and ruin lives. </div></div>

The info is served up all over the world so there is no way to take it down. Some would argue that the site is holding people accountable who otherwise wouldn't be...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. That site has posted classified information. It would seem that would give the feds a legit way to shut it down and damn I wish they would. Sites like that serve no useful purpose and ruin lives. </div></div>

The info is served up all over the world so there is no way to take it down. Some would argue that the site is holding people accountable who otherwise wouldn't be... </div></div>

Part of me can empathize with that logic, but the other part says you just published names of a shit ton of probably innocent people who were trying to bring peace to their country who are now going to be summarily executed as a result of their efforts, and set back our efforts with the locals infinitely so, and for that you should pay dearly.

I feel the need to volunteer to serve on a courts martial... Treason--hmmmmm, Death by firing squad would put an end to this bull-shit in a hurry. I feel nothing for this jack-ass, he's just providing the fuel that's going to help keep this "war" going resulting in more of our good men coming home in the back of a C-130.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. That site has posted classified information. It would seem that would give the feds a legit way to shut it down and damn I wish they would. Sites like that serve no useful purpose and ruin lives. </div></div>

The info is served up all over the world so there is no way to take it down. Some would argue that the site is holding people accountable who otherwise wouldn't be... </div></div>

Part of me can empathize with that logic, but the other part says you just published names of a shit ton of probably innocent people who were trying to bring peace to their country who are now going to be summarily executed as a result of their efforts, and set back our efforts with the locals infinitely so, and for that you should pay dearly.

</div></div>
Quite right, as you implied it does have its benefits as well as its drawbacks.

OK, here's my challenge to the ones who can Knock wikileak off the net. Do it or you ain't worth your computer skills. Yeah, I'm calling out guys like Arctic Light and Tucker on this one. Why? Because I know they both have mad skills when it comes to computer stuff and if anyone can take out a SECURTY RISK like this wikileak site, then it should be the target of those with the skills to kill it

Assange knows what he is doing and knew this would draw heat, not saying it wouldn'y be possible but it would be very very difficult.

Manning needs max penalty for treason and assange should meet some of the people he screwed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. That site has posted classified information. It would seem that would give the feds a legit way to shut it down and damn I wish they would. Sites like that serve no useful purpose and ruin lives. </div></div>

The info is served up all over the world so there is no way to take it down. Some would argue that the site is holding people accountable who otherwise wouldn't be...</div></div>

Accountability for a certain event or action is fine but it isn't just one. They released over 7k documents. Why? To save afghanis? What about the hundreds of informants named in the pages that just want a roof and a chance? Assange has said in interviews that he thinks the entire war is criminal and he wanted to expose it.

IMHO, This was a calculated, intentional intel leak and anyone involved should be tried for treason, if citizens. Foreign participants should be renditioned.

Well it is all over Myspace that bradly manning is homosexual. Appearantly he has been open online for years. May have found motivation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, here's my challenge to the ones who can Knock wikileak off the net. Do it or you ain't worth your computer skills. Yeah, I'm calling out guys like Arctic Light and Tucker on this one. Why? Because I know they both have mad skills when it comes to computer stuff and if anyone can take out a SECURTY RISK like this wikileak site, then it should be the target of those with the skills to kill it </div></div>

Big +1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well it is all over Myspace that bradly manning is homosexual. Appearantly he has been open online for years. May have found motivation. </div></div>

What exactly are you implying?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, here's my challenge to the ones who can Knock wikileak off the net. Do it or you ain't worth your computer skills. Yeah, I'm calling out guys like Arctic Light and Tucker on this one. Why? Because I know they both have mad skills when it comes to computer stuff and if anyone can take out a SECURTY RISK like this wikileak site, then it should be the target of those with the skills to kill it </div></div>

Foreign or not there are laws about this - if the CIA has a wiretap or network tap of these guys and I go busting the site down - they'll know who did it and come a knockin...

And no I'm not good enough to bounce a signal around the globe to do it, that shit's just in the movies save for a very select few...

There's a fine line that should be drawn, sits like Wiki DO keep people's shit straight but so does CNN - and I hate CNN..

IF they did offer to allow the Pentagone to come Redact the rest of the documents then there's progress.....

One should keep their secrets more secret.

Who's to blame, the kid that stole it or the officer that LET him steal it?

Find the LT that owned that laptop and hang HIM and the problem is solved Army-wide.

It's funny how people no longer remember the old ways

4541-368.jpg

There is a reason we do not let OPSEC and Secrets get out of control. When it does, it still costs lives of our Forward Deployed Soldiers and Marines

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny how people no longer remember the old ways

4541-368.jpg

There is a reason we do not let OPSEC and Secrets get out of control. When it does, it still costs lives of our Forward Deployed Soldiers and Marines </div></div>

That's also when we fought real wars for real reasons. Now you and I don't really know why we're doing what were doing. So exposing the truth may actually help save more lives then not by getting them out of pointless/endless battles and more importantly getting my friends/family home.

While I was there, I was told that we were fighting insurgents to give the local peoples a chance to live free under their own government. I was also told that we would commit to this mission of making things better for the next 50 years after ISAF took control. Haveing spent time elbow deep in the blood of the local people to save a life or fix an injury, I took each and every day's mission seriously to do my part of 'making things a little better'.
If some asshat let's the world know about some secret stuff that no one needs to know about then that needs to be fixed. Some things should be hidden in the world of secret squirrel and his friends as long as it leads to the end of meeting the mission.
As to any likeness to Viet Nam, sorry, Afghanistan is Afghanistan, Iraq is Iraq, and Viet Nam was, and still is Viet Nam. While there are similiarities among them all, they are each a different thing unto itself with it's own brand of Murphy holding the reigns.
Bottom Line is this: Dirtbags who tell secrets need to be placed on a wall and summarily shot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Haveing spent time elbow deep in the blood of the local people to save a life or fix an injury, I took each and every day's mission seriously to do my part of 'making things a little better'. </div></div>

Switch, I get your point and it is valid but my point is just a hypothetical one. However, that being said, what if you found out that you spent all that time saving lives and being elbow deep in blood for some reason, one that was more say more political or based on profit, than the mission you were told you were fighting to accomplish. That would almost certainly change your opinion. I'm not saying that is the case in the current conflict, just offering up a hypothetical situation where the public would find out info and force an end to an otherwise corrupt "event".

Now there is a place for people saving lives in every war regardless of it's legitimacy.

Hypothetical is fine. I try to base my opinions on reality and what I have seen. Inside and outside the wire over there, life is a tough mofo for those people. It is truly a nation of haves and have not's due to long term tribal warfare, insurgency, Taliban terrorrism(sharia law), and Russian invasion. Our PRT's are doing a hell of a job and many civilian's are doing their parts to bring the level of civilization up from the dirt and rocks.
Afghanistan is a land governed by pride and corruption with Islamic law thrown in. Until the 'everyman' is brought up to a liveable standard and educated properly they will stay that way.
Outside the wire in that place is a place where people scratch the dirt to grow a few crops and cook dinner over cow and goat shit. Children are abused based on Islamic institutions and women are mistreated. Most of this is due to ignorance which one day can be educated away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well it is all over Myspace that bradly manning is homosexual. Appearantly he has been open online for years. May have found motivation. </div></div>

What exactly are you implying? </div></div>

That manning has post all over myspace complaining about the injustice of don't ask, don't tell, he was definately pissed off about his treatment in the service, and that may have been possible motivation for a massive, possibly war changing, intel leak. Why? What are you fishing for?

Treason is a crime. Revealing your Nation's secrets in a time of war, regardless of your motivation, is treason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeep Chimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Treason is a crime. Revealing your Nation's secrets in a time of war, regardless of your motivation, is treason. </div></div>

It's funny how liberals (In our government) are screaming about this Wiki thing right now....saying "Treason".
They leaked MAJOR information when GW was in. Now they scream treason.

fondapic.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeep Chimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Treason is a crime. Revealing your Nation's secrets in a time of war, regardless of your motivation, is treason. </div></div>

It's funny how liberals (In our government) are screaming about this Wiki thing right now....saying "Treason".
They leaked MAJOR information when GW was in. Now they scream treason.

fondapic.jpg
</div></div>

It's almost as if you believe politicians actually believe the things that they publically claim to stand for.

smile.gif