• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Wilcox Raid mrf Xe info

Yea but, say I plan on a hunting trip, and I want to take another rifle which doesn’t have the LRF on it. Do I have to go to the range for 100 meter then 800 calibration again for the switch?

Assuming your optic is sighted in for the gun already:

Tape Wilcox target to the wall like 15-25 feet away

Put a boresight laser in the rifle

Turn the visable red laser on the RAPTAR on

Put boresight laser on the bullseye

Adjust RAPTAR laser, with bore laser still centered, until its where the Wilcox target tells you it should be

Now look, where on your reticle the Wilcox laser is, as thats your 'ranging spot' on your reticle that the target needs to be on to get the correct range

Done.

No. Zero shots are needed. If your zero is good, walk the visible laser to the center of your reticle. It’s recommended to use the farthest practical range to do so (per Wilcox). In my experience 100m or yds has been sufficient.

Yea but, say I plan on a hunting trip, and I want to take another rifle which doesn’t have the LRF on it. Do I have to go to the range for 100 meter then 800 calibration again for the switch?
Just point it at something at 600-1000 yards and adjust the red laser so it corresponds with your reticle.

Takes like a minute Don’t need a range or anything.

Just point it at something at 600-1000 yards and adjust the red laser so it corresponds with your reticle.

Takes like a minute Don’t need a range or anything.
Is the visible red laser bright enough at that distance during the day? Thanks guys for your help. I have till Monday to decide before I drop the ends for this unit.

Is the visible red laser bright enough at that distance during the day? Thanks guys for your help. I have till Monday to decide before I drop the ends for this unit.
I always am doing it at dusk so not sure. Probably though with the full power

Reactions: jwramp
If your hunting I would want a pie of high quality range finding binoculars as #1 on my list. Get a set with ballistics and you are set. Raptar excels at night.

I’m thinking of getting it still. I’m sure I can figure things out on the re-zero part. And not like I’m gonna be switching guns out all the time. And I guess I can just use it to range for another rifle which is stored on my Kestrel. Link it to my kestrel, switch gun profile on the kestrel, range with the Raptar, and the Kestrel gives the firing solution. Except the fact that that for night shooting, unless both rifles have NV.. lol
And the fact that the HP S is just one of those piece of equipment is hard to come by?
7E795C86-8544-459D-ADF5-40D647C3C86B.jpeg

Reactions: 96C
You can alternatively run it on a spotting scope with a reticle too.
Yea.. I figured so. What’s funny is a few years ago I was set to pick up the swaro STR80. Should’ve got it. But I wasn’t thinking about going into the Raptar realm at that time. Anyways, instead of going with the STR80, I’ve made a quick decision to go with a btx 95 with extender. And man, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to spotting with one eye. It’s just that comfortable to look through both eyes. Oh well, back on topic. To the op, @Bravo6niner , sorry if this took a slight turn bro. But learned a lot here.

• Wow
Reactions: charnicus
So the MRF is still based on 1550nm. Everything the same as the Rap S except no IR and compact . Guess there’s some different tech to the vis laser too. I got quoted a grand less then the Raptar S HP. And it’s 4-5 months out till available for the MRF. Now I’m thinking which route to go with.

Reactions: 96C and SkyScrapin
So the MRF is still based on 1550nm. Everything the same as the Rap S except no IR and compact . Guess there’s some different tech to the vis laser too. I got quoted a grand less then the Raptar S HP. And it’s 4-5 months out till available for the MRF. Now I’m thinking which route to go with.
No tracir either

Reactions: Rhed
No tracir either
Yea.. I’m thinking also the value for the Rap is much better in the long run. Well if in case I put it up for sell in the future. My choice of decisions are, well approved by the wife, lol. Either get the Rap and a ATX. Or no Rap but go with the AXSR. No glass to go with either. But I’m gonna pull one of my scopes on one of my gassers, TT315P and put it on the bolt.

Reactions: deersniper
No tracir either
It will use the new disturbed reticle protocol that replaced TracIR.

The new disturbed reticle requirements and specs are set by big brother, and are included in products like the MRF Xe and INOD. What I can't recall is if the Xe will transfer data to the INOD via bluetooth or if it must be cabled.

It will use the new disturbed reticle protocol that replaced TracIR.

The new disturbed reticle requirements and specs are set by big brother, and are included in products like the MRF Xe and INOD. What I can't recall is if the Xe will transfer data to the INOD via bluetooth or if it must be cabled.
So it only works with stuff we can’t get lol?

Maybe pixels on target will make a tracir converter for it

i thought drt hinted these were coming to market

i thought drt hinted these were coming to market

How about this :

Placed my order for the RAP s HP. Made a call out to Wilcox to ask the difference.Also ask them if the MRF will be a replacement for the RAP. They said the RAP will never be replaced. It’s here to stay especially for the accommodations for NV. Ranging between the two is the same.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Any update on the MRF XE lads?

I'm still waiting on a reply from our distributor.

Any update on the MRF XE lads?

I'm still waiting on a reply from our distributor.
5-6 months out. Same 1550 nm LRF as Rap and everything the same. Exept no IR stuffs. A more compact packag. And some low power adjustable visable laser. priced at 7500-8000.

• Love
Reactions: TheHorta and 96C
5-6 months out. Same 1550 nm LRF as Rap and everything the same. Exept no IR stuffs. A more compact packag. And some low power adjustable visable laser. priced at 7500-8000.
Thank you mate!

We have 8 mrfs coming in mid spring hopefully. Far better LRF module than the Raptar S. It has I BEAM rev b so should interface with trac-ir BAE systems, INOD, DRS thermals, and anything else that speaks " I BEAM" etc. It's about midway performance wise between the L3H SPEAR and the Raptar S.
The MRF is absolutely the highest performing LRF vs price out there. They basically got rid of all the fluff that nobody used and upgraded the module.

Just need the cable to be made. Any LRF with IBEAM rev B would work with the utc. "Trac ir" is a bae integration. DRS has a option on their thermals for turning on lrf/Ibeam and it works the same. DRS inod and flir hiss have integrations too.

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
We have 8 mrfs coming in mid spring hopefully. Far better LRF module than the Raptar S. It has I BEAM rev b so should interface with trac-ir BAE systems, INOD, DRS thermals, and anything else that speaks " I BEAM" etc. It's about midway performance wise between the L3H SPEAR and the Raptar S.
The MRF is absolutely the highest performing LRF vs price out there. They basically got rid of all the fluff that nobody used and upgraded the module.
Would you be able to find out if these can be rigged to feed info to the Steiner IFS scopes? I put an inquiry out to Wilcox a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. nice to know they're worth it over the raptar

Does anyone know the total weight for the new MRF-Xe? Doesn't mention it in the spec sheet provided above.

Does anyone know the total weight for the new MRF-Xe? Doesn't mention it in the spec sheet provided above.
I‘m assuming this unit is gonna be very compact. When I called Wilcox to inquire about it, they also didn’t know the final specs as far as dims and weight. But looking at the picture in reference to a 556 cartridge, this thing is gonna be, well micro hence Micro Range Finder (MRF). So if compact is what your looking for then can’t get any more compact then this. That’s even smaller then a handheld Leica 2800.com RF. But in a military grade 1550nm LRF.

49ECEF63-8F95-4E98-ADE8-FEBADFAA478A.jpeg

Reactions: 96C and deersniper
Email sent on the MRF. I'll take one no matter if it works with tracir or not.

Got a healthy list of people in line. I think this MRF will be solid. I've talked to a few guys who tested preproduction models. STORM/SPEAR is still the top dog but this and the Rheinmetal TAC RAY are right behind it and the MRF is significantly less expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 96C and deersniper
Wow! Got my Raptar S HP today. What a New Years Eve surprise. Thanks to members of this forums. And few calls to Wilcox reps for helping me decide which route to invest my money in between the two units. And shout out to Larry at https://ownthenight.com/ . For also helping me out on this too and getting info for MRF unit. Btw, he’ll be getting MRF units in April. Got my HP unit through him. Very fast service, knowledgeable person to deal with. Will use them again. Happy New Year!

Damn this thing smaller then I thought it was. Badass looking too!
55152CA6-7DDF-4F41-9F2E-8524F7B47BF9.jpeg7C1676A0-D081-4C4D-8FF5-B75450524312.jpeg6F7F077E-9F3C-4E38-AFDF-437CF9EA3B74.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! Got my Raptar S HP today. What a New Years Eve surprise. Thanks to members of this forums. And few calls to Wilcox reps for helping me decide which route to invest my money in between the two units. And shout out to Larry at https://ownthenight.com/ . For also helping me out on this too and getting info for MRF unit. Btw, he’ll be getting MRF units in April. Got my HP unit through him. Very fast service, knowledgeable person to deal with. Will use them again. Happy New Year!

Damn this thing smaller then I thought it was. Badass looking too!
View attachment 7773792View attachment 7773793View attachment 7773794View attachment 7773795View attachment 7773796

What do you do for work… you lucky dog. I’m forced to schlep around with measly 100mW units. Yours is the first 200mW HP unit I’ve seen.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhed
What do you do for work… you lucky dog. I’m forced to schlep around with measly 100mW units. Yours is the first 200mW HP unit I’ve seen.
Stop spreading rumors..It’s the same unit as yours brotha.. ”200?”:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta

Attachments

• accuracyinternational_263544334_908632349767201_5827021353136971978_n.jpg
    accuracyinternational_263544334_908632349767201_5827021353136971978_n.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 250
  • firstfocallength_255250706_341161601109605_7164465308785887725_n.jpg
    firstfocallength_255250706_341161601109605_7164465308785887725_n.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 247
BOSS XE is the first one to arrive next month according to Wilcox followed by RAID-XE then MRF-XE. Perhaps there will be a model down the line with IR illum and laser integrated in.

So this I beam is Utc and hiss xlr compatible ?

And wireless of course

Reactions: Dogtown
@Rhed No. They only recommend the 100m step to make it easier to get the laser close to the reticle center. You can do it at any distance really as long as you can see the laser (easiest at night). And it doesn’t have to be zeroed at 800 either, just any distance that’s pretty far (the farther the better). I would estimate it takes less than five minutes to zero a Raptar and doesn’t require any live ammo. You’re way overthinking the complexity.

@Rhed No. They only recommend the 100m step to make it easier to get the laser close to the reticle center. You can do it at any distance really as long as you can see the laser (easiest at night). And it doesn’t have to be zeroed at 800 either, just any distance that’s pretty far (the farther the better). I would estimate it takes less than five minutes to zero a Raptar and doesn’t require any live ammo. You’re way overthinking the complexity.
Yes.. I have mines zeroed out to 2600 yrds. I can see a white wall out on my balcony using HP VIS at night.

Reactions: Conqueror
Yeah I mean it’s that easy. If you swap it to another gun you go out on your balcony at night, point it at something a couple hundred yards away and get the laser centered and maybe 1-2 mils high, then point it at the 2600yd white wall and get it perfectly centered. Job done.

Reactions: Rhed and Dogtown