• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Wild Justice on Nat Geo

G

Who's seen it?
I watched a couple of episodes last week and all I can say is WOW!

I thought my local game wardens were the worst gung-ho dorks out there, but these clowns in California are serious contenders.

Scenario:
Bear Poaching

The narrator sort of leads you to believe that the bear season is closed, and the GW's are trying to catch some guys who didn't get the memo.

One of the officers is scary weird.
He goes to bear carcass from a nuisance kill and cuts off its feet, and lashes them to the bottom of his boots.
Then he goes tearing off through the countryside making tracks and laying down a scent trail, hoping that the poachers will put their dogs on the hot trail.
I'm not sure what he expected to happen when the dogs caught up with his dumb ass, but it didn't turn out that way anyhow.

What did happen is that he heard some dogs treeing and then some shots.
He goes wild-eyed and crazed towards the sounds.

When he catches up to the hunters, there's a crew of them dragging a bear out.
Cool... poachers nabbed!..... Not really.

Turns out bear season is very much still in and the kill is 100% legal.
He gives them all the inquisition and demands to see the bear's gall bladder.
Now, yes, someone has cut it out and preserved it in a ziplock. So it was likely to wind up in some Chinese market, which is illegal.
But everything else is clean and everybody's legal.
So warden doofus destroys the gall and lets them all go.

Now you have to wonder and think back to his original plan.
Was he going to let the dogs tree him, the hunters shoot him and remove his gall bladder, and then arrest them on the spot?
crazy.gif

Re: Wild Justice on Nat Geo

I saw afew episodes too. I believe that Ca is more screwed up than Il ..
I mean every person that got busted with weed wasnt busted?
I dont understand? somebody help me.

That show is a waste of time..And yes the one runnin the mountains was a real piece of work him and his skills..Whatever..

The gall bladder bit was a bit much. If it's a legal kill, why can they confiscate any part of the animal? To me it seems the same as a warden coming up to me during deer season, and grabbin a random cut of meat, and quoting something about being illegal to sell venison. Not sure what all is going on there.

There is a big black market for certain animal parts among the asian cultures. Bear gall bladders are among the most highly prized for their "medicinal" purposes. I think the big issue is that many of the hunters are simply killing bears etc to harvest these items and sell them. That in itself is what bothers me. And I believe that is why it is illegal. Hunting is not about killing something just to harvest a "valuable" body part. That is no longer hunting, that seems more like poaching. Poaching is ruining the hunting experience for us all, thus I commend the wardens for going after these asshats. Even though this show is somewhat goofy, at least in sheds light on what people are doing to try and stop the illegal poaching etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a big black market for certain animal parts among the asian cultures. Bear gall bladders are among the most highly prized for their "medicinal" purposes. I think the big issue is that many of the hunters are simply killing bears etc to harvest these items and sell them. That in itself is what bothers me. And I believe that is why it is illegal. Hunting is not about killing something just to harvest a "valuable" body part. That is no longer hunting, that seems more like poaching. Poaching is ruining the hunting experience for us all, thus I commend the wardens for going after these asshats. Even though this show is somewhat goofy, at least in sheds light on what people are doing to try and stop the illegal poaching etc. </div></div>

Stuff it in your ass..... either I can legally kill the animal or I cannot. Hunting is exactly that. Killing something for that valuable meat, antlers, hide, etc..... what a dipshit.

What has ruined the hunting experience is dipshits like the idiot highlighted thinking he's doing something effective by running around with bear feet tied to his ankles.

........what of the eskimo delecacy of blowfly larvue taken fron the nose snot of raindeer...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a big black market for certain animal parts among the asian cultures. Bear gall bladders are among the most highly prized for their "medicinal" purposes. I think the big issue is that many of the hunters are simply killing bears etc to harvest these items and sell them. That in itself is what bothers me. And I believe that is why it is illegal. Hunting is not about killing something just to harvest a "valuable" body part. That is no longer hunting, that seems more like poaching. Poaching is ruining the hunting experience for us all, thus I commend the wardens for going after these asshats. Even though this show is somewhat goofy, at least in sheds light on what people are doing to try and stop the illegal poaching etc. </div></div>

Stuff it in your ass..... either I can legally kill the animal or I cannot. Hunting is exactly that. Killing something for that valuable meat, antlers, hide, etc..... what a dipshit.

What has ruined the hunting experience is dipshits like the idiot highlighted thinking he's doing something effective by running around with bear feet tied to his ankles. </div></div>

Listen here internet tough guy...killing an animal just to harvest a bladder and sell it, is not hunting. I hunt all the time, but I dont simply shoot it and leave it. I use the meat, the hide, and all other body parts. These guys are killing bears etc, selling a part and dumping the rest to rot. That is a waste, and is known as poaching. Majority of them do not even have licenses or tags. Therefore it is illegal and it DOES ruin hunting for those of us who do it legally and use all the parts of the animal. Before you go off on a tangent and start running your mouth, perhaps learn to read and hunt legally. I'm sure you'll respond with some witty insults as youre so tough behind your keyboard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a big black market for certain animal parts among the asian cultures. Bear gall bladders are among the most highly prized for their "medicinal" purposes. I think the big issue is that many of the hunters are simply killing bears etc to harvest these items and sell them. That in itself is what bothers me. And I believe that is why it is illegal. Hunting is not about killing something just to harvest a "valuable" body part. That is no longer hunting, that seems more like poaching. Poaching is ruining the hunting experience for us all, thus I commend the wardens for going after these asshats. Even though this show is somewhat goofy, at least in sheds light on what people are doing to try and stop the illegal poaching etc. </div></div>

What has ruined the hunting experience is dipshits like the idiot highlighted thinking he's doing something effective by running around with bear feet tied to his ankles. </div></div>

Listen here internet tough guy...killing an animal just to harvest a bladder and sell it, is not hunting. I hunt all the time, but I dont simply shoot it and leave it. I use the meat, the hide, and all other body parts. These guys are killing bears etc, selling a part and dumping the rest to rot. That is a waste, and is known as poaching. Majority of them do not even have licenses or tags. Therefore it is illegal and it DOES ruin hunting for those of us who do it legally and use all the parts of the animal. Before you go off on a tangent and start running your mouth, perhaps learn to read and hunt legally. I'm sure you'll respond with some witty insults as youre so tough behind your keyboard. </div></div>

Try some reading comprehension....this thread is concerning a television episode where the hunters in question were 100% legal in their actions. Would you care to show me the "poaching" or was it just in your imagination.

A show which falsely portrays legal hunters as being under suspicion of illegal activity without cause is sadly par for the course. The ranger in question is an absolute douchebag, agreeing with his actions clearly shows your membership in his club.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Listen here internet tough guy...killing an animal just to harvest a bladder and sell it, is not hunting. I hunt all the time, but I dont simply shoot it and leave it. I use the meat, the hide, and all other body parts. These guys are killing bears etc, selling a part and dumping the rest to rot. That is a waste, and is known as poaching. Majority of them do not even have licenses or tags. Therefore it is illegal and it DOES ruin hunting for those of us who do it legally and use all the parts of the animal. Before you go off on a tangent and start running your mouth, perhaps learn to read and hunt legally. I'm sure you'll respond with some witty insults as youre so tough behind your keyboard. </div></div>

Try some reading comprehension....this thread is concerning a television episode where the hunters in question were 100% legal in their actions. Would you care to show me the "poaching" or was it just in your imagination.

A show which falsely portrays legal hunters as being under suspicion of illegal activity without cause is sadly par for the course. The ranger in question is an absolute douchebag, agreeing with his actions clearly shows your membership in his club. </div></div>

Oh boy...

Is it legal to imitate a bear in CA ?
Is it legal to poach a poacher ?

At GEIKO we know these answers,even a Cave man is in the IN..

I just learned a new word on the show,(FAWN KILLER) my father in law always called them biscuit deer .. Now I can correct him..Thanks to wardens of CA. SPECIAL OPS TEAM..
hey ,, is this like house wives of Jersey shore,But in CA. with bear claw over the painted nails like the house wives of jersey shore,but with less action ?
does my badge and nails look OK?

Guys to be serious here Poaching is wrong K..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A show which falsely portrays legal hunters as being under suspicion of illegal activity without cause is sadly par for the course. The ranger in question is an absolute douchebag, agreeing with his actions clearly shows your membership in his club.</div></div>
i never said i agreed with the actions. i was simply stating what some people are doing that ruins hunting for the rest of us. game wardens wouldnt have to do all this if people werent out poaching, baiting, and using illegal ammo etc. alot of people dont even know about the illegal black markets for animal parts, i was just enlightening them. somehow i offended you, which is what im good at. by all means, continue on good sir.

Agreed 100% with poaching being wrong.

However, I think we should probably agree as well that nothing "makes" games wardens treat legal hunters like criminals except the fact that the warden in question is a power abusing asshole. I am certain that there are plenty of opportunities for this show to highlight illegal activity, to railroad legal sportsman into looking like criminals at the hands of Game Warden Dipshit is wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokshwn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed 100% with poaching being wrong.

However, I think we should probably agree as well that nothing "makes" games wardens treat legal hunters like criminals except the fact that the warden in question is a power abusing asshole. I am certain that there are plenty of opportunities for this show to highlight illegal activity, to railroad legal sportsman into looking like criminals at the hands of Game Warden Dipshit is wrong.</div></div>
Agreed. I have had only one bad experience with the local warden. He decided it was necessary to walk out to our goose pit for an inspection while we had a flock locking up and coming in. Needless to say the geese took off, we had to dump all our gear out and didn't see another goose the rest of the morning. But that jackass is no longer a warden, since he was caught baiting geese on his land. I guess karma took care of him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Listen here internet tough guy...killing an animal just to harvest a bladder and sell it, is not hunting. I hunt all the time, but I dont simply shoot it and leave it. I use the meat, the hide, and all other body parts. </div></div>

Have you ever shot a prairie dog, groundhog, coyote, fox, or crow?
Just curious as to how much of those you eat or otherwise use and how much is left behind?

Clearly poaching is illegal taking of game. The legal killing of animals for sport, food, population control or trophy is not poaching. If I had legally killed that bear I would not have handed over the gallbladder. In fact I would use the show as evidence the officer seized my lawfully obtained bear gallbladder.
I have a friend who is a local game warden. He is in constant danger because those whom he polices are all armed. Many with bad intent. As such he has to get the drop on them before they know he is there or they may be tempted to hold him at gunpoint.
He has the authority to seize firearms, vehicles and equipment used in the illegal taking of game. But at his discretion he can simply give a citation. Most of the time it is like dealing with a traffic stop. If you are polite, respectful and willing to accept the citation you can keep your gun, your truck and stay out of jail. If you get a case of the ass you will end up in jail with your sit in impound for the duration.

That show is ridiculous. They ought to film conservation officers in the deep south dealing with summertime nighttime hunters of deer. Those stories would be fun to watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackal_5_Actual</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Listen here internet tough guy...killing an animal just to harvest a bladder and sell it, is not hunting. I hunt all the time, but I dont simply shoot it and leave it. I use the meat, the hide, and all other body parts. </div></div>

Have you ever shot a prairie dog, groundhog, coyote, fox, or crow?
Just curious as to how much of those you eat or otherwise use and how much is left behind?</div></div>
Coyote yes, the others no. I mostly hunt deer geese and ducks. I don't know how much of a coyote you can use. Local farmers pay to have coyotes dealt with. Obviously you can use the hide, and I have heard alot them ground up the meat to feed the pigs.

Maybe someone can explain to me how paying a fee to shoot a "trophy" animal and shooting a trophy animal without paying a fee is morally different.

Also while you are at it, maybe you can explain how shooting an animal for food you need, is morally different than doing so with a hunting license.

I beleive that some here CLEARLY equate lawfulness with morality. a trait all too common among the hunting community.

Personally I think shooting an animal for it's trophy value alone is morally despicable ANY TIME you do it. I also believe that there is NOTHING wrong with shootng an animal for food if you really need it, even without a license.

As an aside comment I can say without a doubt that one of the best things I've done this year was to turn off the cable and stop watching the tv and news. You'd be suprised how much your view of things changes in a short time.
wink.gif

I am comfortable with being the dominant predator on this planet.
If I want to kill something for fun and leave its carcass to the buzzards, then I will.
If I want to shoot it and eat everything but the hooves, I'll do that too.

Around these parts deer are like rats with hooves.
If someone wants to shoot one and toss it in a ditch, that's one more that won't be the third one my wife has hit with her current car.

Whether or not we as humans find one animal despicable and another as regal and worthy is completely irrelevant to the animals, and therefor irrelevant to whatever moral, religious, spiritual, mojos they may have working.

Our own morals are also irrelevant, because it's not us that's being killed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am comfortable with being the dominant predator on this planet.
If I want to kill something for fun and leave its carcass to the buzzards, then I will.
If I want to shoot it and eat everything but the hooves, I'll do that too.

Around these parts deer are like rats with hooves.
If someone wants to shoot one and toss it in a ditch, that's one more that won't be the third one my wife has hit with her current car.

Whether or not we as humans find one animal despicable and another as regal and worthy is completely irrelevant to the animals, and therefor irrelevant to whatever moral, religious, spiritual, mojos they may have working.

Our own morals are also irrelevant, because it's not us that's being killed. </div></div>

Well said.

I watch it but they're tools. I thought it was funny when they inspected a hunting camp. They kept saying there's so many guns here. Well dipshit I would imagine with 20 hunters sitting around a fire you'll find 20 rifles. Did you expect them to be hunting with flowers? Well maybe they're filming in California.

I respect Game Wardens in fact I downright like them. I even considered doing it for a living. However these tools over in Cali have to be playing it up for the cameras. I deal with the local Wardens often do to the fact I hunt a WMA, and never have they acted like that.

The one with the big ears is either a absolute dumbass or a tweaker.

I’m all for catching poachers. But give me break.

So the GW thought he was gonna snag a poacher, but got a legitimate and legal kill. Ok, his methods are odd, but not unwarranted. He is very motivated by his job, and I give him props.

As far as the gall bladder thing, he was correct to the T. The hunters were all doing the right thing until they took, and hid, the gall bladder. Had the GW not been there it would have been another item of illegal contraband sold to chinatown, a felony, BTW

Now aside from the added drama that being on TV conjures up, what was really wrong with that particular event? Warden Doofus?
Man was just trying to do his job. What would you have done diffrently, what methods and other avenues do you think should have been explored to accomplish the same goal? Not trying to be a prick or anything, but a job as tedious as theirs, with as few wardens, they should get a little more respect than being smashed for doing their job. Regardless of methods.

For starters I wouldn't strap the feet of a dead bear to my shoes and go dashing through the woods during bear season.
What the Hell did he hope to accomplish there?
Was he going to get treed by the dogs and then check all of the hunters when they got there?

Goal? What was his goal exactly?

The entire show is overplayed bullshit.

Note the opening sequence. The announcer talks about "poachers", but they show footage of the legal bear kill.

I've seen about 5 episodes now, and they have yet to do much more than catch some nickle and dime pot and meth heads and accuse people of nearly everything conceivable.

I take that back....
They also managed to spend about 1000 times more than they have collected in fines.

Quote from NatGeo.

" despite all the GUNS , no charges have been filed " .

No bias here ....................NatGeo can kiss my ass .

Now , heres the way it should be . If your family is hungry and you drop a deer and use it all , I dont care . If you kill for HORNS only , your scum and I will drop dime on you in 1 second .

Ok, I see that what he did is something you have issues with, but, you still never told us how YOU would plan to go about doing his job.

One other issue is with "nickle and dime" pot and meth heads. That may be all you have seen, but I have seen ex-felons in posession of firearms arrested, public safety made an issue (the POACHER with the bow and arrow), enforcing the hunting of protected, or out of season species, and perhaps at times deterring the potential sociapath from getting his jollies off by simply killing anything.

Not sure if you are expecting them to happen across a couple Border Brothers humping 300lbs of coke/pot across a state park, or perhaps some lone mountain man hell bent on going "Deliverance" on them, the only way to expect what may happen is take it all into consideration. They're Game Wardens, official state law enforcement officers, in Cali, with few numbers, covering a work area so large that not many other agencies need to deal with.

Marijuana in Cali, under a certain amount is a misdemeanor, that can be handled by citation. Meth is a felony regardless of amount. Laws vary from state to state. In Nevada, posession of MJ under an ounce is midemeanor, and is a "shall arrest" violation. Meth is a shall arrest violation, Cat E felony, for any amount, unless the amount is so great that a distribution charge can be used.

Cali state line is 15 minutes from my house,and a 15 minute trip is all it would take for someone to get cited for a MJ joint, as opposed to arrested.

Judging by the amount of posts you have means you got some serious time here, and I am sure you have contributed a lot, and you get respect on that. But I am gonna take a guess and say you don't have any time in LE, or havent for a great while. Knowledge in a subject can make the diffrence in how you critique it.

Laws are laws, like em or not. You don't get to choose the ones you follow based on your agreeing with them. If your state has no law about shooting a deer and tossing it in a ditch, then by all means go for it. Other states may see it diffrent. If you dont agree with em, thats one place you never have to go. I am glad I dont live in Cali, and in Nevada the only animals you dont need tags for are coyote, rabbit and smaller. You cant hunt burrow and wild horse,though, that I know of.

No actually they let the border jumpers go that admitted to being there just to grow pot. Great show...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I see that what he did is something you have issues with, but, you still never told us how YOU would plan to go about doing his job.
</div></div>

I wouldn't do his job. I'm not a dick.