• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will an AW cut TL3 run/feed from AICS mags?

Kiba

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2011
Central CA
Have a friend wanting to put together a 6BR using a TL3 action. He has several AICS mags already converted to run 6BR, but all the TL3s I can find in stock are cut for AW mags. He's sort of in a rush to get this built ASAP, so he wants to buy an AW cut TL3 right away.

Will the AW cut TL3 run/feed OK with the AICS mags? Any possible issues to worry about?

All the info I find seems to point to yes, but I want to make sure before he buys...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes will feed from either, just depends on the mag latch and how deep the mag is into the receiver essentially. My TL3 is AW cut i run AICS mags.

I run a tl3 aw cut dasher in a manners mini chassis. Running pva mag adapters in aics mags. No issues here.

My AW cut TL3 feeds multiple different 6BR based calibers great from AICS mags with Primal Rights mag kit. Have run it in both Manners mini-chassis as well as MPA chassis with no issues.

I've actually settled on ARC mags as my preferred choice with the TL3 and 6BR based calibers. Just filed off the wings from the follower and they run awesome. Lower profile than the AICS 10 rounder and feeds smoother.