• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Will I live to be 80?

lostangel

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
El Campo, TX
www.inamorato.net
I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine, indulge in chocolate or coffee?'

'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?

'I said, 'Not much.... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'

'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'

'No,' I said.

He looked at me and said... 'Then, why do you even give a shit?

Re: Will I live to be 80?

That's the old saying:

Giving up tobacco, sex and alcohol won't make you live any longer

It will just feel like it!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screamng "HELL YEAH, WHAT A RIDE!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but raTHer to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screamng "HELL YEAH, WHAT A RIDE!" </div></div>

Amen to that.