• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will PSD contract interfere w/employment in FBI

mission_fail

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2011
New Port Richey, FL
Before I get to the main question: If I have questions such as this, would I contact my local field office or does the FBI have a department for people with questions such as mine?

For any employees of the FBI on here or people who would be knowledgeable in these matters: I'm planning on doing a PSD contract as a designated defensive marksman or other armed guard job. I have a possible opening in a foreign owned company (British) that is contracting for a US embassy (DoS). I've talked to some people (who weren't FBI employees) and have been told that employment in a foreign company in a personal security contract could pose problems for someone seeking employment in the FBI later. I would like to know if there is any truth to this, specifically with the situation stated before as well as employment with American owned companies creating possible problems for future gov't service.

Regardless of if I receive intelligent answers or not (and depending on anyone answering the prefacing question) I will still contact an FBI representative to quell my possibly unwarranted fear of taking a job and being barred entry into the FBI later.

Anyone with any advice to give for someone getting into the personal security world would be appreciated. I've already got a couple ideas and some contacts but am keeping my eyes open for anything that fits into my requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Will PSD contract interfere w/employment in FBI

I went though the hiring process a couple years ago, up to waiting for an academy date...

I do not think that would interfere with anything, it'll be disclosed on your resume, as well as the poly, which will go into CI. Not to mention if it is to work an a US embassy..

To answer your question, yes, contact your local recruiter, they are at the large field offices. IIRC the recruiting page has local recruiter contact information. That will be better than any response somebody can put on here. You probably could have had an answer in the time it took to post this question....

Good luck.

If this is for a WPS position I am pretty sure I know the company you are talking about. Even though they are technically a foreign company, by DOS requirement they actually must be an American Company. Technically they are a US Company because they have a US Subsidiary and in order for you to be on a WPS contract you must have a US Secret Clearance and be a US Citizen. A lot of guys on WPS contracts go on to other Fed jobs so it should be no problem.

Only problem you might run into is if you get selected for a job interview while working, your company might not be all to happy about letting you go to the interview and tell you that you can go to the interview but you won't have a job if you leave for that interview.

I still have to go to college after this contract so I won't be dipping out for that. Appreciate the answers guys.

Go to college while you are on the contract. I have, you won't have much to do with your free time.

Jongs right, that company way underbid our contract and was shot down. lotsa ppl here get online degrees. only problem is shitty internet sometimes.

That company got the ERT contract though.