• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Will Seekins base for Savage SA fit the LRP

GSIceland

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2011
Iceland
I'm looking for a base on my Savage LRP (Target Action). Will the Seekins base for the Savage 10FP fit the Target action?

Don't want a base that doesn't fit sent to Iceland

Re: Will Seekins base for Savage SA fit the LRP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSIceland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking for a base on my Savage LRP (Target Action). Will the Seekins base for the Savage 10FP fit the Target action?

Don't want a base that doesn't fit sent to Iceland </div></div>

He will probably be here to comment, but with my limited knowledge, I want to say no.

Whether the holes match or not, I don't know. I'm not 100% but I think the Seekins base has a recoil lug and the Target Action doesn't have an open top for that lug to fit.

Have you sent him a message, email, or called him to ask?

I sent an e-mail to Seekins and got a replay right away. They didn't know and suggested that I contacted Savage. No luck there.

But you are probably right. Hopfully Glenn (right name?) sees this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSIceland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent an e-mail to Seekins and got a replay right away. They didn't know and suggested that I contacted Savage. No luck there.

But you are probably right. Hopfully Glenn (right name?) sees this thread. </div></div>

Well, I just got my 20 MOA Savage 10FP Seekins base in earlier today. It does indeed have a recoil lug on the bottom end that protrudes downward into the ejection port. If the LRP action is the one I'm thinking of, then it has only enough of an opening to actually eject a round out the side. This leaves the top of the receiver as a solid piece that wouldn't allow the recoil lug.

Therefore, just that feature alone would make the Seekins base incompatible regardless of whether or not the screw holes line up.

Hope that helps and makes sense.

Thank you guys. Saves my a lot of time and money.