• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Will Spur mount Fit on defiance deviant hunter action?

mcgradkw

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2017
I’m thinking of installing a shorter scope like a S&B ultra short on my rifle. I have a defiance deviant hunter action. My concern is the scope mount spacing. The hunter doesn’t have the full length top rail and I’m not sure if a spur mount will reach the front and rear lugs. Any help would be appreciated!!! I can post pictures if it would make more sense.
thanks.
KWM

What about the Spuhr Hunting Rings?

I hadn't seen those, but Ill check them out. I like the integrated level in the others I have seen.

Im most curious about the spacing from front to rear lugs on the action. The rail on top of my action doesn't have lugs all the way over the bolt opening.

Thanks,
KWM

If it's a short action and the Ultra Short doesn't have illumination rings will work but you'll have very little room to move it back and forth for eye relief. If it's a long action it's pretty much a no-go, you'd have to have a 1.2"+ height ring to clear the front of the rail and the rings will have to be very narrow to fit on the tube without hitting the objective bell.

The new Spuhr hunting picatinny rings(not mount) with cantilever might be your best option

You can just measure it and then look online on the dimensions of which sphur mount you would like

Likely the funniest thing I've heard all week.

Call 'em & ask them to measure the mount.

In metric AND standard.

It will still be a fail; they have zero idea of how to use calipers or a measuring tape.

You can just measure it and then look online on the dimensions of which sphur mount you would like

Reactions: Rob01