• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will there be an NFL season this year or not?

Re: Will there be an NFL season this year or not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Immorteq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A pretty good statistic that these dudes have serious responsibility issues and aren't anywhere close to 90% "fine" lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow...?urn=nfl-190555</div></div>

So they are on welfare?? Collecting food stamps? NO, of course not. So after they see their financial troubles through (and hopefully learn a lesson) they will find productive jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Immorteq</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It amazes me how ignorant some of you seem to be. Not about the season, but about the players. You want to take a few example and paint the entire genre with it. Each team carries 53 (+/-) and I guarantee 80-90% will do just fine, in fact, better than most, outside of sports and football. Ask me how I know.

Pac-10 all the way. Records don't lie. </div></div>

A few examples? Holy cow haha!</div></div>

Are you serious? Roughly 45%-50% of NFL players graduate college. So barring this economy a college graduate will usually find work in their chosen field. Many athletes, especially graduates, will find work even in bad economies through alumni associations and/or fellow players or friends.

Find a sports agent. He'll find you all the football players you want. </div></div>

Doesn't sound like he'd have much trouble finding unemployed broke ones imo. Just sayin'. The stats disagree with your perspective.

Sorry, my perspective comes with first hand experience. One can make statistics say whatever you want. A quick glance of that article shows its inaccuracy. For example

"The 78 percent number is buoyed by the fact that the average NFL career lasts just three years." So if you take into account those whose career is <3 years or >3 years, it changes that "78%".

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

I've never declared bankruptcy so I don't know exactly how or why that happens but people I've met that have filed bankruptcy have one thing in common. They have been pretty darned irresponsible or injured/sick. I don't know what the statistical national average is but I'm feelin pretty comfy believing it's less than 78 percent no matter how long the career path lasts.

I guess I'll just take your word for it. I'm sure my opinion is pretty irrelevant at this point and I can't get motivated enough to search longer than 10 or 15 seconds. Lots of good people that make their living entertaining people at sporting events. Athletes that proclaim there will be a rise in crime rates if fans can't watch their bromances with athletes flourish, casts a huge shadow over pro sports imo. Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a sports figure being a dumbass these days. We make that possible by spending so much money being fans. I'm no better, I just choose to waste my "drug" money (any money spent on sports is supporting your "escape" from reality) on music. I have the same opinion of most musicians as professional athletes. /shrug

I say they get it together before its too late. Others have said what I think. Its far to much revenue for the greedy people to give up. Now the NBA is in the stink too.

I love football and basketball from peewee league to pro but the cry baby ass people make so much money that I can't feel sorry for them. I don't feel sorry for the owners or the league itself or the television networks either. Its a GAME. Tell them to go PLAY welder or go PLAY roofers or go PLAY farmer or go PLAY cop or go PLAY soldier and hope for a $300k minimum salary. I think that was the lowest in the 2010 season. Give me give me give me seems to have become the new American theme but that's just my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there is no season, I'd file for Unemployment if I were an NFL player!

lolski!!!</div></div>

They most likely will. Unbelievable Greed

One question that I have for everyone who bitches and moans about how much professional athletes make.

If you had the opportunity to play a major professional sport, would you turn down the money?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One question that I have for everyone who bitches and moans about how much professional athletes make.

If you had the opportunity to play a major professional sport, would you turn down the money?</div></div>
Nobody wants to make the least money they can. Also the abuse that the body takes from these sports makes them old men by the time they are 35. Or less.

To those who will recognize a truly needy cause.
Hundreds of Professional Football players in our very own nation are going
to be locked out, living at well below the seven-figure salary level. And as
if that weren't bad enough they could be deprived of their life giving pay
for several months, possibly longer, as a result of the upcoming lockout
situation. But you can help!

For only $27,080 a month, about $902.75 a day (that's less than the cost of
a large screen projection TV) you can help an NFL player remain economically
viable during his time of need. This contribution by no means solves the
problem as it barely covers the annual minimum salary, but it's a start, and
every little bit will help!

Although $900 may not seem like a lot of money to you, to a football player
it could mean the difference between spending the lockout golfing in Florida
or on a Mediterranean cruise. For you, nine hundred dollars is nothing more
than a month's rent, a mortgage payment, or a month of medical insurance,
but to a football player, $900 will partially replace his daily salary.

Your commitment of less than $900 a day will enable a player to buy that
home entertainment center, trade in the year-old Lexus for a new Ferrari, or
enjoy a weekend in Rio.

HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?

Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the player you
sponsor. Detailed information about his stocks, bonds, 401(k), real estate,
and other investment holdings will be mailed to your home. Plus, upon
signing up for this program, you will receive an unsigned photo of the
player lounging during the lockout on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean
(for a signed photo, please include an additional $150). Put the photo on
your refrigerator to remind you of other peoples' suffering.

HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING?

Your NFL player will be told that he has a SPECIAL FRIEND who just wants to
help in a time of need. Although the player won't know your name, he will be
able to make collect calls to your home via a special operator in case
additional funds are needed for unforeseen expenses.

YES, I WANT TO HELP!

I would like to sponsor a locked out NFL player. My preference is (check
below):

[ ] Offense [ ] Defense [ ] Special Teams [ ] Entire team

Please charge the account listed below $902.75 per day for the duration of
the lockout. Please send me a picture of the player and my very own Roger
Goodell (NFL Commissioner) pin to wear proudly on my hat (include $80 for
hat).

Your Name: ____________________Telephone Number: ___________________

Account Number: __________________Exp.Date:_______

[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Other

Signature: _______________________

Alternate card (when the primary card exceeds its credit limit):
Account Number: _______________________ Exp.Date:_______
[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Other

Signature: ______________________

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One question that I have for everyone who bitches and moans about how much professional athletes make.

If you had the opportunity to play a major professional sport, would you turn down the money?</div></div>

I get a kick out of this one too, because the business (NFL, or other professional sport) only makes the money they do because people support it. They are arguing over how much of the share is theirs, they aren't raising taxes or ticket prices, they are asking for a fair share of the profits. They aren't asking the public to give them more money, they are talking about how to divide up the profits that are already being made by the business. I am not saying I agree with the player's union or lockout, but I think the players are the main reason this industry makes so much money, and how much are they willing to work for, well that is what is at stake. How they split the profits is theirs to work out. Do they want to go out of business for a year is also their decision, if you want to keep buying the product, well that is your decision...

The wont give up there chance to earn the dough. They'll play IMO.

They will probably play this year. There will be too much money to be lost if they don't.

There is movement in the negotiations. There may be good news soon.

Of course news of an agreement, allowing a full season, will be about all the good news Saints and Cowboy fans will get but, at least they would have something this year.

Fingers crossed!

laugh.gif

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2011/7/12/...d-as-productive

Lock Out is over Lads and Bonnie Lasses!

Good news for all NFL fans though Saints, Falcons, and Panthers fans will have little joy this year in the NFC south!

Hope springs eternal.

In the fall...

Always look forward to football season. Wouldn't know what to do if I didn't miss the good games because of deer season. Wouldn't have felt right, not missing games. Haha, I am glad though, I never missed <span style="text-decoration: underline">all</span> the good ones.

Next question...will there be a government this year?

1. Football is more important than the Government.

2. Deer hunting games are the best. That's when you drive around listening to the game on the radio and shooting deer out the window.

Anybody know when Rush is buying the Vikings and moving them to LA. I see the stadium plans. Purple seats, way to go LA. I for one welcome the Rams to the black and blue division.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Football is more important than the Government.

2. Deer hunting games are the best. That's when you drive around listening to the game on the radio and shooting deer out the window.

Anybody know when Rush is buying the Vikings and moving them to LA. I see the stadium plans. Purple seats, way to go LA. I for one welcome the Rams to the black and blue division. </div></div>

Pardon me for my foolishness. Your absolutely right, Football is more important than Government. And there not afraid to be upfront on what its all about.

Money

I'm pumped, I'm going to let queequeq keep trash talkin until he gets the Fleur De Lis kiss of Death this fall.
laugh.gif

Looking forward to watching the Lions play in February.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to watching the Lions play in February. </div></div>

They should move up to second in the division. I'm excited to see that. I've got money on them being .500 or better this year.

Looking forward to watching the Bucs. Getting ready to order NFL ticket

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to watching the Bucs. Getting ready to order NFL ticket </div></div>

This man^^^^^^is going to be very pleased this season!

I just feel sad for all the Saints fans, especially their lovely wives and girl friends. Perhaps a friendly Tampa Bay back rub and some condolences will help them in their despondency!
<span style="font-size: 26pt"> GO BUCS!</span>

Condolences accepted, I'll store em real safely for you
laugh.gif