• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will Ultrasonic Cleaner clean Lanolin (oil) Lube off cases?

WB300

Cranky Yankee
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2011
GA
As the title states....

Has anyone used an Ultrasonic cleaner after sizing with the Lanolin homemade brew? I have the Hornady Ultrasonic cleaning solution and usually add a few drops of Dawn. It works removing Imperial wax, but using the wax is tedious.

Thanks in advance.

You anneal brass to make it soft to increase the life putting it in an ultrasonic should in theory work harden it a bit. I know ultra sonic had been used to clean brass. the companys that sell ultrasonic cleaners probably also sell brass.

I have used lanolin mixed 50/50 with alcohol, but never needed to remove excess.

Sounds like work hardening to me.

Wtf are you talking about ?

How the hell is washing brass in an ultrasonic cleaning solution work hardening brass? This is not the same thing as tumbling with pins

OP yes...using an ultrasonic with a mild detergent like dawn will get the lanolin off the cases

E-Tool.... I anneal every other firing. I also full length size and bump the shoulder back .001-.002 when sizing. But I'm not sure what that has to do with my question. Are you saying NOT to use an Ultrasonic cleaner because it somehow work hardens brass??.? I appreciate your input, but the point of the thread isn't to see if i should change from Ultrasonic cleaning.

As the title states....

Has anyone used an Ultrasonic cleaner after sizing with the Lanolin homemade brew? I have the Hornady Ultrasonic cleaning solution and usually add a few drops of Dawn. It works removing Imperial wax, but using the wax is tedious.

Thanks in advance.
I put all mine on a towel and spray them with some non-ammonia cleaner/decreaser. Rub a dub dub, and you done.

Or put them in the tumbler for 10 minutes.

You do you boo boo.

Reactions: WB300
I just drop all mine in straight 90% alcohol, shake, pour through a strainer ,( save the alcohol) and spread the cases out on a towel. Dries fast.

Reactions: WB300