• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Will we ever seen an all steel chassis?

Luke_Crywalker.png
Lmao gotta love idiots these days. Sit down Mike. You don’t belong in this conversation.

That is true. I'm only pointing out much more ridiculous things are going to get as far as un-practicality.

The only thing that makes sense to restrict is rifle weight. Who would do better in a match if you had a clone? The clone with a 30lb rifle or you with an 18lb rifle?

Why does everyone think imposing more rules will level the playing field? Why not just make everyone shot a 308Win? Just saying.

Reactions: camocorvette
Why does everyone think imposing more rules will level the playing field? Why not just make everyone shot a 308Win? Just saying.

Was already done before the PRS was a thing and most were on this site. Lol

Reactions: camocorvette
Just saying, last results at a 2-day national match (TPRC). ;)

View attachment 7742109
Lmao just saying I also referenced I shot terrible that match. But ride your high horse. Some of us are actual competitors and shoot a lot, some of us shoot 1 match and pretend we’re good. 2 matches doesn’t qualify you to sit at the table of experience. Sit down son.

Here you can compare a few rod lengths. And also relevant to the op.
Make a chassis out of Mallory Alloy.
It will be heavy.
I’d rather just have foundation or manners make my stock and stop trying to blame my shitty wind calls and fundamentals on weight lol.

There were a few stages at the finale where I wish I had a lighter rifle. 90 second stages will do that to you. I have short T. rex arms so moving the rifle with less leverage can slow you down.

I think open class should be open class. If you can shoot the stage with it then so be it. And if you think a heavier rifle is that much more of an advantage than shoot a heavy rifle. If you want to shoot an 18 pound rifle that’s great but dont complain about the guys shooting a heavier rifle when you have the option to do so your self. Weigh the pros and cons for you as an individuals and make the decision that benefits YOU the most.

Reactions: LV Precision
Just because it’s steel or concrete or rhino horn doesn’t mean it has to be heavy.

Well Velayo also “only” placed 44th at the PRS Finale, significantly behind the top names in the game who were likely running heavier setups. Given that he teaches fundamentals for a living, he was likely at an equipment disadvantage running an 18lb gun, placing well behind non-professionals.

I also wouldnt read too much into match placement at the Texas NRL event. With only 29 total competitors (smaller than most club matches), and Vibbert being the only top competitor, it’s not a representative sample of what top shooters are running.
Didn’t Valeyo win the PRS finale in 2018 with a similar setup?

yea oil every two days or watch the rust form yea why steel I want a 24 carrot gold chassis . (y)
(y) or diamond mugged by everyone at the range lol

Didn’t Valeyo win the PRS finale in 2018 with a similar setup?
Phil's match rifles are all in the 18 lb. range including bipod, except for his NRL hunter rig that's just under 12 lbs.

Reactions: chase723