• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will you “social distance”?

Will you “social distance”?

• Yes.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • No.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Essential contact only.

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

Karma Enforcer
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2014
After this is all said and done? And by that I mean, are you just going to go to work and then race straight home? Or are you going to venture out? Restaurants, concerts, or go watch a football game? To me, the democrats are using “social distancing” as a way to continue to hurt businesses, disrupt people lives and tell you what to do.

All we can do is be cautious. Wash your hands and dont hangout with sick people. Ya know, common sense.

I'm an introverted engineer who works from home. Been "social distancing" since way before it became cool, and don't much expect that to change any time soon.

It'd be nice if we see a societal change where people stay the fuck out of public if they are not feeling well. I don't want an Asian type of enforcement system where we scan forehead temperatures at airports and entertainment venues, but rather responsible behavior where we don't "man up" and go into work with a 102F fever.

Hand washing probably won't do shit for the coronavirus, but would certainly be of immense benefit for slowing down norovirus and other common contagious diseases that we tend to lump into the categories of "stomach flu" and "food poisoning".

Does Social distancing on a permanent basis make us stronger or weaker? From a natural or evolutionary point it would suggest we will weaken our species.

Babies eat dirt, it makes them strong. Living in total Bio isolation makes them weak. Exposure weeds out the weak. So I say it goes against nature and human social behavior to expect social distancing can survive.

People will be more cautious, but interpersonal contact is part of our being. It will return.

Ive always preferred to keep an arms distance with people. Closer than that I feel claustrophobic. It used to drive me crazy traveling in Latin America where they get FTF 6" apart when they talk. Id keep backing up and they'd keep advancing til finally I just put up my arm.

Similar to the way bringing more and more technology into our lives makes us dumber and dumber. Social distancing will make us weaker and weaker. It's called "survival of the fitness boys" (yes, I know it's fittest; but bonus points if you can name the reference). We never should have quarantined in the first place, herd immunity would have killed the ones it needed to and then the virus would have burned itself out. Natural selection at its finest.

Or more concerned they are trying to make us look at each other as individual bio weapons to be feared and avoided.

Reactions: DustBun and 308220
I work on the road, so restaurants aren’t an option to avoid, but most of the time I’m in fairly remote places. Luckily, I’m semi-local traveling so I drive instead of fly and don’t have to deal with airports. My socializing is with immediate family only, have the kids coming over today for early Easter since I’m back to work tomorrow.

I already avoided bars, concerts, sports venues and other large gatherings. I really don’t care for people I don’t know, and hang at the edge of the group when I do have to be in a crowd. I’ve always kept a distance between me and others, and am not shy about telling close talkers to fuck off out of my personal space.

I laugh when people call their towns “small” with 20k+ residents, going to those places is going to “the city” for us, which I limit to once a month at most for bulk supplies purchasing. My county still has zero cases, so I was out yesterday gathering materials to get the yard ready for spring and Easter gifts for the grand kids.

Long answer short, I’m not changing a fucking thing, nor have I so far aside from dining in not being an option. I hated other people long before it was cool.

Does Social distancing on a permanent basis make us stronger or weaker? From a natural or evolutionary point it would suggest we will weaken our species.

Babies eat dirt, it makes them strong. Living in total Bio isolation makes them weak. Exposure weeds out the weak. So I say it goes against nature and human social behavior to expect social distancing can survive.

People will be more cautious, but interpersonal contact is part of our being. It will return.

If that were 100% true people who live in the closest proximity, in the dirtiest places would be the healthiest people in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: OldSalty
Well, since my wife and I have been working from home for the last 10 years, live in a remote area, and generally hate people, we'll continue to keep to ourselves as much as possible.

If that were 100% true people who live in the closest proximity, in the dirtiest places would be the healthiest people in the world.
No, rather the most resistant to external contamination.

More Native Americans were wiped out from European disease than war. The Virgin Soil Effect. Their isolation had made them weaker. The survivors were much stronger from it. Although it did wipe them out pretty well. Maybe China got the memo.

Can't go to a baseball game or movie because its all closed. I go to the supermarket, feed store etc. because it's the only thing open. I hate being around people anyhow. To me 6 feet is too close.

Hell no, I'll go right back to being in the thick of the crowds as soon as I can.

The hottest restaurants, bars, ball games, car shows and swap meets. Plays and musicals for her.

And of course shooting ranges and competitions.

Ain't going to be any different than before the "panic" for me.

Reactions: Bbob and 308220
I'm not a "touchy-feely" type person, anyways, but I probably will, BUT, I w/n go out of my way, to not talk to someone, or hold a 6-10ft. pole out, to keep others away from me. With the amount of paranoia that's been created already, I think we're already are going to be doing it, without realizing, we're doing it. Mac?

Once this is cleared up, I cannot see myself changing habits. I am not a big social fucking butterfly anyway. I like to dine out, that hurts. No lines or crowds for me, wish the stores were not picked over, even though getting better. We have not had wipes or hand sanitizer, even if I had masks, would donate to hospital, or first responders. No one is forcing the wife or I into jack, we can use our heads.
I do get too close too others in the shooting community while shooting and helping, and various kids, I help a lot of kids and have fun doing so.
The writing was on the wall with this, hope we all learn from it.
I can be an asshole, so to those stuck on cruise ships not allowed in ports, or not allowed off, I am fucking snickering, WTF were you thinking.

Reactions: 10ring'r
I never stopped venturing out.

In fact I probably venture out more since I'm not working.

Reactions: Bbob
If avoiding maggot/disease infested people hell yes! Im social distancing.I’m paranoid enough to avoid anybody I don’t know, never is my back to the door or crowd have not been to a Bronco game in 25 years . I hate all crowds bums, scumbckets etc.

Or more concerned they are trying to make us look at each other as individual bio weapons to be feared and avoided.

I've been wondering this myself. I was walking down an aisle at Home Depot yesterday and a few people literally hid in an alcove as I passed. It's not like it was me, I took my monthly shower. :giggle: Weird situation though.

I’m going to put brakes on all my rifles that I take to the range. I can’t stand when people are hovering over me when I shoot and asking what I’m shooting.

Reactions: Jscb1b
I'm an introverted engineer who works from home. Been "social distancing" since way before it became cool, and don't much expect that to change any time soon.

It'd be nice if we see a societal change where people stay the fuck out of public if they are not feeling well. I don't want an Asian type of enforcement system where we scan forehead temperatures at airports and entertainment venues, but rather responsible behavior where we don't "man up" and go into work with a 102F fever.

Hand washing probably won't do shit for the coronavirus, but would certainly be of immense benefit for slowing down norovirus and other common contagious diseases that we tend to lump into the categories of "stomach flu" and "food poisoning".

when-you-find-out-your-nomal-daily-lifestyle-is-called-quarantine-meme.jpg

Nothing is open so where do you venture out to?

I actually do go to my old tavern twice a week for take out. Means a lot to the owner and he usually makes me a drink while I wait. I still invite people over...only close friends. Having 2 other couples over for Easter tomorrow. I'll do what I want...they can't prevent it.

I hope our Governor, Gina the Cunt, is reading this....

Let's open the economy despite the virus. I'm almost 59...I really would rather risk it at this point.

I will not allow this to change things for me. I stay away from people that have a cold or the flu, common sense. This whole thing was nothing but a money grab and a con, politically motivated.

Edit grammar: Add "to" before "change".

Last edited:
Reactions: Bbob and Romeo458
I will not allow this change things for me. I stay away from people that have a cold or the flu, common sense. This whole thing was nothing but a money grab and a con, politically motivated.

If I saw you at a range I'd be asking about your rifle. Doubt I could stay 6 foot away either :D

I usually limit my peopleing to essential contact only, but now that we're being ordered by the state to social distance I kind of wanna go out in public and cuddle.?

Reactions: Bbob
Your are a bunch of antisocial individuals. I prefer the company of my dogs and cats to 99% of the people I know. Get US back to work. And buy more ammo!

I'm a people person and I enjoy learning from others, I'm not afraid of asking a question or two to become more informed of something I never gave much thought about or hadn't come across that to be able to ask.
Yes, if you're at the range I'd ask about your rifle or what you were shooting just ME, tell me to fuck off that's cool as I don't know you and I could understand. Thick skin MF I am.

Reactions: Romeo458
Thanks....looks like I had a light primer strike on the "R"! LOL . That plus failure to proof read and 4 shots of whiskey while composing were likely contributing factors.

Stay healthy and have a Happy Easter!

Reactions: Nik H
My primary hobby/passion/what gets me up in the morning is Brazilian jiu jitsu. I haven't choked someone in so long it's affecting my mood. Social distancing is staying out of halitosis range. No, that ain't gonna happen. And, I'm working on a list of musicians I want to see in concert.

The only thing that I am doing differently right now because the pandemic is obviously still going on, is wearing an N95 mask whenever I am outside of my home and trying just a little more consciously to maintain some space around me when I am riding on the subway... After this shit is over, I am going to go back to doing my regular thing. I am not what some would consider a "social" person, but I do not shun social events or crowds either... However, I enjoy peace and quiet more. A lot more. I rather spend an evening curled up on the couch or the bed reading a book with my GF than going to some restaurant downtown. That was actually the first thing she noticed about me. And of course right now, my work schedule, as well as the rest of the plant personnel are all out of whack and even though the hours for us drivers and welders/fabricators and other essential shop floor guys have pretty much been restored back to normal, there are days when we would be doing crazy overtime and 10 hour shifts, followed by three days off, and similar shit like that... I ain't complaining. I cherish every minute that I can spend at home with my mother and my GF staying with us so it is working out pretty well.

I go into 10-15 strangers homes a week. I figure over the past 30 years of this I have developed some sort of no fucks given immunity.

Really? At my club dudes can't talk about their rigs enough lol.
My job requires me to be a social person and pretend to like people, so when it’s my personal time, leave me alone. They have closed all the good places to go shoot by yourself in my county and most of the mountain areas are full of Eastern Europeans that grow weed. They like people even less than me.