• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Williams Set Trigger for AR Rifles Question

Scottie15

- 0 -
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Sacto, CA
I've been a long time lurker on here for a while now and finally came across something I wanted to get your opinion/thoughts about.

I am in the midst of building a medium weight AR10 style rifle for hunting. While researching triggers, I came across this link:
Williams Set Trigger

I have hunted with a set trigger before on a 300 Win Mag - set was 6 oz, normal pull was ~2-2.5 lbs. I liked it for shots when I had plenty of time to set up and shoot. Do any of you have experience with set triggers on the AR platform? Any reason why to go this route or not?

Thanks for your replies.

FYI: rifle is currently wearing a Geissele enhanced trigger.

Re: Williams Set Trigger for AR Rifles Question

A few years ago I had there "trigger work" done to my FC parts.
When used in the set position the rifle would have a tendency to double. Perhaps they are better now than years ago, but my money would go on a RR 2 stage today.

Hope this helps,
Trilogymac

I have one of the original set triggers on my HK-91. I will tell you brand new out of the box the trigger was the worst I had ever pulled. After they got done with it, it was smooth and light. The set was terrific. I was VERY happy with it. Have not had them do any other rifles but if they are the same now as they were then I would have no problem having them fix a trigger.
I liked it so much I put a Kepplinger set trigger on the Windrunner.

Looks like the set pull weight isn't much less than what most aftermarket FCG's weigh in at. I'd stick with the Geissele you already have or switch to a High Speed unit if you want lighter and/or adjustability.