• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Wilson Combat CQB or HK Mk23?

9mmkungfu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2009
VA
I am thinking about doing a trade with a gentleman but am unsure which handgun between the two I'd like more. I would be receiving one of these in trade, not giving one in trade.

The Wilson has a rail and has been lightly used (<300 rounds). The Mk23 is new, 2008 production.

He values the Wilson CQB at $2100 and the Mk23 at $1850, with any difference made up in ammo.

What is the hive concensus, and why? Thanks guys.

ETA: I think I talked myself out of the Mk 23. The 1911 style stuff just fits.

Re: Wilson Combat CQB or HK Mk23?

the wilson is way more versatile.i would say go wilson,but i have both.

Nothing beats a high-quality 1911 like the Wilson. I'll admit to being an HK-fanatic, but out of all the HK pistols I have owned and still own, I'd pass on the Mk23 without a doubt. They are just big, clunky and generally unweildy compared to my other HK pistols and I would generally refer to them as the antithesis of the 1911 other than the fact that they are both chambered in .45acp.

Unless you just really WANT the Mk23 or you want to be able to say you have one...get the Wilson and don't look back! Be sure to post some pics of the CQB when you get it!!!
wink.gif

I would say WC all the way. I have a CQB compact and it has been a great pistol. For me the MK23 is an oversized monster that is not very useful...I'm sure opinions vary.

+1 on the WC. I have a WC Professional and would never consider getting rid of it.

Price seems a little heavy for the Wilson, on the used market anyways.

Did/does the Mk23 fit comfortably??? just a consideration, they are a bit girthy, if it matters any more. HK price seems pretty status quo.

Really wanted a CQB 5", bought one, trained with it, sold it months later. Comes down to what you expect and what you 'want'. Hopefully you can or have had some hands on time with them prior to any deal.

Love my hk, but having handled and shot a cqb... way rather have the 1911 platform, especially a nice one.

WC because that Mark23 is hard to carry concealed. They are both pretty much equal in the CDI department.

CQB hands down. Not only is it a very nice 1911, WC is a great company to deal with. Warranty follows the gun, not the owner. If you ever have an issue with the gun, Wilson takes care of it.

Hopefully WC has changed since 06-07 in the CS dept. like Mr. Buff is stating. They didn't have time for me back then, thus the sale.

I like HK pistols and own a MK23 but my vote goes for the 1911. The 1911 just feels good in my hand and I like the single action auto.

....but the MK23 is cool! Really cool operators use it. You could be just like a Navy SEAL. It is an overpriced USP, go with the WC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NavalAircrew</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....but the MK23 is cool! Really cool operators use it. You could be just like a Navy SEAL. It is an overpriced USP, go with the WC. </div></div>

Ok either I didn't catch the sarcasm or Wow you don't know shit about HK pistols. I agree mk23's tend to be somewhat overpriced and I would also buy the WC.

Mark 23s are nice but are more of a collector's item. If you are into collecting HK pistols, you can get them in the $1600 range for new if you look around.

I'd probably recommend the 1911 instead just because the Mark 23 is a beast to carry around and really only works well on a leg holster.

I'd feel very comfortable trusting my survival to a Mark 23, but due to the size, I'd probably never be carrying it when I needed it.

Don't know about collector's item but the point about too big to carry , unless in a survival situation ,is a big +1.

It would be perfect for that use. Not to mention you could beat the hell out of someone with it when you run out of ammo

I have one, complete with green/yellow nights sights that rock.

It is very accurate, very reliable , but very big, heavy and not conducive to a quick draw, immediate gun fight confrontation scenario.

Just too big.

PS- you must have bigger than average size hands to use it. Control is a huge factor in a potential situation.

I am glad that you talked yourself into the WC. The MK23 is a quality pistol, and I enjoy shooting it. But it is massive. You will not be let down by the Wilson, because it also is a very high quality pistol, and IMO more versatile than the MK23.

My CQB was a POS before and after I sent it back for repair. Get the HK.

12rnd vs 8rnd is hard to argue

im a HUGE 1911 fan and wilson is top notch. ask yourself what you what to do with the pistol bc shooting comps and having 8 rounds is a pain at times however the size of the mk23 is alittle excessive for the functionality you get when a USP tactical has the same capacity in a smaller package

its a toss up for me, i would take the better deal since both are exceptional firearms

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 918v</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My CQB was a POS before and after I sent it back for repair. Get the HK. </div></div>

What was wrong?, I have never heard of anything being horrible coming out of WC.

There are lemons in every shop.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 918v</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My CQB was a POS before and after I sent it back for repair. Get the HK. </div></div>

What was wrong?, I have never heard of anything being horrible coming out of WC. </div></div>

Get the 1911 the HK is big and bulky. I have 2 1911's and 2 HK USP's, I like the normal sized USP's and the colts, but the MK 23 is just a beast of a gun.

Wilson all the way. Love my CQB!

Shot and owned both. Sold the HK. Still have the CQB tactical LE. Its just so easy to shoot you have to experience it for yourself. The 500 round break in went by so fast. You will not be dissapointed with a Wilson.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark 23s are nice but are more of a collector's item. If you are into collecting HK pistols, you can get them in the $1600 range for new if you look around.

I'd probably recommend the 1911 instead just because the Mark 23 is a beast to carry around and really only works well on a leg holster.

I'd feel very comfortable trusting my survival to a Mark 23, but due to the size, I'd probably never be carrying it when I needed it. </div></div> Sum's it up....................

If you have to ask this question, the answer is neither.