• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilson Combat SPR Barrels

bob190e

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2013
Indiana
Doing an AR build and am looking into 18" barrels. I came across Wilson Combat SPR barrels and they seem to have a sale going on with them. Anyone have experience with them? I tried doing a search but came up with no results. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as you. BTW not on sale thru WC anymore. They were for a few days due to overstock issues but not so much unless you get from a dealer. The last WC barrel I used (16" lightweight) was extremely well made, nicely finished, and shoots sub-moa. I'll be putting an 18" recon tactical on my next build because I think they're great barrels with good accuracy. White Oak Armament is a good alternative but i'll stick with WC. Also, I spoke with a guy over at WC yesterday and he told me that most of their barrels go on sale over Independence Day so if you can hold out til then you might save a few bucks.

Doing an AR build and am looking into 18" barrels. I came across Wilson Combat SPR barrels and they seem to have a sale going on with them. Anyone have experience with them? I tried doing a search but came up with no results. Thanks.

Many of WC's barrels are made by ER Shaw. Good production barrels but are not lapped match barrels. Bill himself posted a year ago about the barrels.
WOA barrels are Wilson Arms (not Wilson Combat) lapped blanks finished by the guys at WOA.

Correct and you can also have WOA contour, flute, or turn-down any of their SPR barrels to save weight as well.

Many of WC's barrels are made by ER Shaw. Good production barrels but are not lapped match barrels. Bill himself posted a year ago about the barrels.
WOA barrels are Wilson Arms (not Wilson Combat) lapped blanks finished by the guys at WOA.