• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Wilson Tactical Carbon Fiber Stealth Knife

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
I'm looking for any feedback on the Wilson Tactical Carbon Fiber Stealth Knife. I used all the SH and google searches and couldn't find any real feedback. Anyone?

Re: Wilson Tactical Carbon Fiber Stealth Knife

The only review that counts is how it works at the airport metal detector.

I'm just saying...

Good luck

Saw one at my local gun store, seems pretty cool. Point is sharp but the edges are not. Only so much you can do with CF.

With more and more secure areas and airports getting the full body image scanners these days I'd hate to be the guy that tried to seek that onto a plane or a secure area and got busted I guarantee it would not be a small issue.

Aside trying to do that there's no point in having one, except carbon fiber looks cool, as a cutting tool they are worthless, in fact even wilson's knife faq says it cannot be sharpened to a cutting edge. It would only be good for stabbing and at that point you mise well just use a sharp stick or pen and save $130.

Might also want to check with Wilson on if it's really 100% carbon fiber, a few years ago when the whole plastic/carbon/etc. had some press a few custom makers and production companies ended up putting enough metal in them to ensure civilian customers were not using them to get past airport security.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With more and more secure areas and airports getting the full body image scanners these days I'd hate to be the guy that tried to seek that onto a plane or a secure area and got busted I guarantee it would not be a small issue.

Aside trying to do that there's no point in having one, except carbon fiber looks cool, as a cutting tool they are worthless, in fact even wilson's knife faq says it cannot be sharpened to a cutting edge. It would only be good for stabbing and at that point you mise well just use a sharp stick or pen and save $130.

Might also want to check with Wilson on if it's really 100% carbon fiber, a few years ago when the whole plastic/carbon/etc. had some press a few custom makers and production companies ended up putting enough metal in them to ensure civilian customers were not using them to get past airport security. </div></div>

Your probably right about that. No way that the politicians would let em do it without any metal. Even though the dumb asses always are a step behind.

Yeah, it could very well be that once the media pressure etc. faded away they were able to go back to doing them without any metal. I wish I could remember the custom maker (it will hit me like a brick later) that was doing them, if you wanted the "real" thing you had to submit credentials otherwise it had enough metal in it you weren't getting by a detector for civilian customers.

I love a good carbon fiber toy, but if that's the goal there are some custom makers that do some amazing carbon fiber stuff and even carbon fiber blades with metal edges laminated so they actually cut things.

you would have to be crazy to try to sneak it on a plane. If you got caught you would be in serious shit. I'm sure you are looking at mandatory jail time, plus to the media you would be a home grown terrorist that frequents Snipershide. Not good for us law abiding gun owners