• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Win 70 Long Action Build

Exo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
El Mirage, Arizona
Hey guys, im helping a friend figure out his build. He has a Winchester 70 .300wm (long action). He just ordered a MCM A3-5 Stock for it, so in about 5-6 months he should have that. He wants to start buying so when the stock comes in he can get it all built.

He wants a DBM for it, who makes the bottom metal/magazine's for long actions that will fit into a MCM A3-5???

I recommended to him that he look at bartlein barrel's as he wants to ditch the light weight / hunting contour barrel that is on it.

opinions???

Last edited:
Hi Exo
As I have a soft spot for the Win Mod. 70 and I was curious about this, I did a fast search.
Check this out on Midway; I am not familiar with it, so you may want to look for more reviews.
CDI Precision Trigger Guard for AICS Detachable Box Magazine Winchester Model 70 Long Action.
CDI Precision Trigger Guard AICS Detachable Box Mag Winchester Model

If your friend is building a LR rifle, a barrel change is recommended. He can always call Bartlein, or other reputable barrel companies to have their input on his options.
Good luck on the build; post pics when done. Some of these M70 builds are just bad ass.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Last edited:
I know McMillan can inlet the stock for the CDI Precision bottom metal, I've talked to them about it for my Model 70. I don't know about the Badger but it's McMillan, no doubts they can do it ...

Last edited:
Nope, since Badger does not make an M-5 DBM for the Winchester Model 70 actions then we really cannot inlet a stock for it. CDI is the only one I know off.