• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing WIN mod 70???? Over-travel and action screws

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
Working on a win model 70 for the first time. I have successfully adjusted the trigger and it breaks nicely at about 2lbs with no creep. And now I am stuck.......

1. How do you adjust the overtravel??? Currently there feels to be no overtravel stop. after the sear releases you can continue to pull the trigger nearly all the way back to the end of the trigger guard!

2. After I get it all done, what should I torque the action screws down to. bottom metal is one piece williams steel and stock is a mcmillan A3

thanks!

Re: WIN mod 70???? Over-travel and action screws

The screw that the adjustment nuts are on on the trigger can be run in and out for overtravel.That is what the single nut is holding tight. You will have to re adjust the others when you move this one.
Not sure on the torque specs on the action screws.

easy on the screw ,many are frozen, its very small dia. and will twist into above the single nut ( I F ed up 2 before learning!). PB Blaster and or Kroil then very mild heat will DO IT. Fantastic triggers. Why FN,Browning, Winchester went to the MOA trigger is beyond me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cattle buyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">easy on the screw ,many are frozen, its very small dia. and will twist into above the single nut ( I F ed up 2 before learning!). PB Blaster and or Kroil then very mild heat will DO IT. Fantastic triggers. Why FN,Browning, Winchester went to the MOA trigger is beyond me. </div></div>

This is why I got out of one of the newer made 70s and used one made in CT for my build.