• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester 308 commercial rifle brass.

I've been looking everywhere for this stuff, and with no luck. That said good luck man!!

Might try looking around for some once fired Black Hills Match brass (made by Winchester). It's very similar to the Winchester commercial stuff, just has crimped primers. I bought 150+ pieces online for $60.

I only have one 50ct bag of Win brass left, should have bought more when Wally World was stocking it.

Black Hills may be a big part of the reason there's no factory Winchester component brass around... couple that with the regular Winchester ammo being produced, and there's just nothing left over to sell as component. I did find recently that Midway had some 270 Winchester brass (Winchester headstamp) once again. After shipping, 50 cases were going to be close to 40 bucks, and I didn't need a whole lot of the stuff... so I didn't take the bait. Rather, I found Winchester silver box Power Point 270 at Walmart, for 19.97 a box of 20. For 40 dollars, I have 40 completed rounds (and they do shoot more than well enough for hunting and of course practice), and I've got the brass left over.

Many folks gave up the hunt for 300 WM brass in recent months (I know a smattering of it has shown up here and there in the last couple weeks)... so buying factory ammo and shooting it up, or dismantling it and dumping the powder and re-purposing the bullets has gotten to be a more common practice than it ever used to be... :/

Dan

The local shop here had 150 cases in stock last week when I had no money. I came back this week with money and now they are gone :(

Hornady match is some good brass, I especially like the once fired (nickel or black nickel) from the TAP ammo.

From a domestic manufacture, my all over favorite is Remington, you can find it as once fired or new and it lasts a long time. Sure, case to case consistency is not as nice as Hornady, Nosler or Lapua, but case life and value is better for cranking out match ammo(field use not benchrest). This is just my experience YMMV.