• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester 70 Bottom Metal

klb458

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2020
Arizona
I have been on the search for a bottom metal for my post 64 winchester 70 short action in .300 wsm. Looking for feedback on what others have or have had experience with. The only one I have found is from PTG. I have heard there is a CDI bottom metal, but there website is down or they no longer exist? Let me know what you have or what you like.

I replaced the alloy bottom metal on my 7mm WSM Coyote Light with a steel one from PTG a few years back. Fit and works perfectly.

There was someone that was helping out with continuing cdi stuff after Jeff passed away if that’s true that’s the direction to head in. I also think stockys sells a bottom metal for the 70

Stockys must have bought cdi inventory cause they have some in stock for a few different actions also seem to have an option for your Winchester.

Ya sorry I should’ve been more clear, that’s why I said they have an “option” for your Winchester but yes it’s not a cdi. Stockys has been great every time I’ve dealt with them so if you got theres and weren’t happy I’m sure they would refund you.

There are a few chassis' that have the Winchester SA inlet available. Otherwise the pickings are pretty slim for DBM bottom metal (leftover CDI, PTG or FN OEM).