• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Winchester Coyote Lite 300WSM recoil pad removal

Hoff1967

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2013
Southeast Oklahoma
Hi, I am relatively new to Sniper's hide. I would greatly appreciate some info on removing the recoil pad from a Winchester Coyote lite 300 WSM rifle. It has the Bell & Carlson stock and i am trying to get the recoil pad off and having trouble. I have removed both screws from recoil pad and it will not budge. My question is are the recoil pads glued on as well as screwed? I don't want to get to rough trying to remove it and crack the stock. Thank You.

Yes they are glued and screwed they are very hard to remove without messing up the paint or pad you can try putting in freezer and letting it set for a while. Then use a rubber mallet but no garrenties. Are you trying to change the LOP.

The only way I could get mine off was to use a coping saw with the finest tooth blade available and cut it off. After I sanded it smooth and straight using a surface plate.
I then installed an adjustable buttplate.

Best of luck!