• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Winchester CRF action

Badger300wm

Guardian of the Breakfast Burritos
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2013
Johnstown, Colorado
I have a winchester 300 wsm stainless, that I was thinking about selling to get a 270 win, actually posted it on another site. The more I look around maybe I would rather build a 270 wsm instead. My goal is to have a lighter weight hunting rifle for the back country hunting I find myself doing more of. The reason for not staying 300 wsm is that I am currently doing a slow build of a 300 win mag and the redundancy is too much for my pea brain to handle. Ive always been a big fan of the 270.

Is there anyone in particular who is known for building on the winchester action, any concerns with thne CRF action, I looked at GAP and a little on Black OPS precision but looking for opinions, thanks

AJ Brown Arms Co., Crescent Customs, APA, Short Action Customs...to name a few very reliable smiths who do great work on Winchester/FN crf actions.

Long rifles inc, Gre-Tan rifles also do a great job with a CRF winnie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call Chad at LongRifles, Inc...he loves the Win M70 almost as much as I do. Tell him O'Neill Ops sent you :)

I've got a couple M70 Actions sitting here for builds. Both standard bolt face, push feed long actions. Looking to track down a long action magnum classic CRF but they are elusive.
Keep your eye on PTG now that they are making bolts and bottom metal for the M70. My eyes lit up when i heard that lil tidbit!

Do the build for the 270 WSM and plan to use the new Bergers. (a little birdy told me) they are coming out before the 7mm 195s

Got a 4 digit 1936, 1941, and a couple "late model" remakes.

winnies make me wet. Lol! So much that my Overwatch Magnum action robs a lot of ideas from a winnie.

C.

Last edited:
I have seen a his 4 digit pre 64 and is as sweet as it sounds:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad is your guy, only you have to pay in pre-64 Winnys

Attachments

• winny7.jpg
    winny7.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
  • winny1.jpg
    winny1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 14
I had a GAP off a CRF FN action and they did a great job, fed flawlessly and shot lights out.

APA just finished a build for me as a hunting rig in 338 wm based off a stainless classic 338 I had--Jarod did an awesome job and is a ragged hole gun all day long if I do my part.