• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Model 67A & cheap 22s that shoot nice

oregon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Portland, Oregon
www.designavs.com
Have a Winchester Model 67A that my great uncle gave me when alive - he was part of the 2nd Engineer Special Brigade from Australia to Tokyo. Called himself a digger who learned to cook in the war - after his death found out he mainly drove Higgins boats and built airstrips on sandy islands when not shooting something he did not want to talk about. The 67A shoots way sweet for an old thing. Want to someday find another inexpensive for my son, they were less than $20 when new:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_67

Does anyone have a 67A and how does it shoot compared to modern target 22s? <span style="color: #009900">(please be nice and do not laugh to loud)</span>. If someone has an extra 67A gathering dust in any condition they want to get rid of cheap please let me know in private.

Find use my 67A more than my Ruger 10-22 with 3x9 scope and folding stock (also shoots nice and goes through lots more bullets with several 25 round clips and a speed loader). When younger could shoot the heads off quail with the Winchester.

Are there other inexpensive 22s that tag stuff for you?

Re: Winchester Model 67A & cheap 22s that shoot nice

Look on Gunbroker. They normally have alot of them for sale and then there is always your local gun shows. I see them at our shows quite often.
They are a fun little old school plinker, thats what they are and no more than that. I have seen them shoot surprisingly well for what they cost. I had one that at 50 yards would hit a nickel all day with cheap ammo and my buddy has one that shoots even better groups. It was made to hit playing cards, tin cans, squirrels and rabbits, not win national matches.
Hell man, just go out and shoot it! If you really like it, get another one at your local gun show for your son. They are pure low buck fun. In a world of high tech its always a pleasure to see someone shooting something that just works.

I've got a Boy's Rifle version that I picked up at a shop for $90. It was in bad shape so I refinished the metal and stock. I got it for my kids (they'll be old enough to shoot in pretty soon). It turned out pretty good, I havent shot it much but it should be able to pop a baloon from 25 yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Are there other inexpensive 22s that tag stuff for you? </div></div>

I have a couple of older .22 rifles that didn't cost much new but shoot very well. My grandfather gave me an H&R model 265 Targeteer about 35 years ago. He said it was his when he was younger. I have killed more squirrles and grouse with it than I could count.

Another .22 rifle I have had for a long time that shoots very well is a Mossberg 46m, it's also really cool looking with the Mossberg scope and mount on it.

I have several older Win. single shot 22s
All are good shooters. I was given the boys rifle at age 10 and learned to shoot with it.
I also have a 68 with peep sites the is scarry accurate.
Those old Win single shots are now over $300 for the ones in good shape.
I use all mine to teach a kids and ladies the basics of rifle shooting. Light, safe, easy to get site picture, and cheap to shoot.
Coach