• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes winchester model 70 pre-64 30-06 sniper rifle

craigtwicks

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2011
i am trying to put a value on the above gun, with original scope and metal butt plate. it is 95% condition and just like the one Carlos Hathcock used...any information would be appreciated

Re: winchester model 70 pre-64 30-06 sniper rifle

$2-400
wink.gif
, I'll give you $400

I'm have a feeling that it is worth a little more than that....

Pre 64 70'd in 30-06 are going for $100-$1800 depending on condition. If is not US maritially marked and has no paper work connecting it to a service of some type it is just a hunting rifle. A scope is nice condition can add $150-$300 depending on make and model as well. I was in a Cabelas recently and saw a few in their gun library from $1200-$1700.

Trevor B.

it is marked on the barrel...30 GOVT 06....I have been trying to post pictures but cannot figure out how...

i helped my uncle jack off a horse
I helped my Uncle Jack, off a horse.
Capitol letters and grammer please.

I'm sure he didn't come here from a English Lesson.... Maybe you should read this.... http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2733990#Post2733990

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i helped my uncle jack off a horse
Capitol letters and grammer please. </div></div>

Don't know your rifle but I just looked on Guns international and it shows over 250 pre 64 model 70's listed.
It should give you a pretty good idea of your rifles value. gunsinternational.com

My apologies if I have offended...Litteracy, or the lack of it, is just one of my pet peeves.

yes, it looks very similar, has the peep sights as well.. in a seperate box.....it has two sling swivel attachment points on the front of the stock. It also has what looks to be aluminum scope rings. The scope does not have the flare on the eye piece, it is straight to the end.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i helped my uncle jack off a horse
<span style="font-weight: bold">Capitol</span> letters and grammer please. </div></div>

Capital...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGCSUGrad09</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i helped my uncle jack off a horse
<span style="font-weight: bold">Capitol</span> letters and grammer please. </div></div>

Capital... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My apologies if I have offended...Litteracy, or the lack of it, is just one of my pet peeves. </div></div>

Literacy...

CLASSIC!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NGCSUGrad09</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i helped my uncle jack off a horse

Capital... </div></div>
Lol....

Capitol letters and grammer please.</div></div>

A comma doesn't belong there. Also, it's grammar.

Guess that's what they mean when they say, "What comes around, goes around".

letz stey foecuust ahn thu queeree

To the OP, what is the make and model of the scope and rings? What condition is the rifle in both metal and stock to include the bore? These things will help get a correct value.

To Joe40x, not feeling so smart now are ya?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes, it looks very similar, has the peep sights as well.. in a seperate box.....it has two sling swivel attachment points on the front of the stock. It also has what looks to be aluminum scope rings. The scope does not have the flare on the eye piece, it is straight to the end..... </div></div>

Sounds like it could be a Target model which should have the Marksman stock, that might explain the forward sling attachments.

Pre '64 Target Model 70 is a relatively valuable rifle in unmolested condition, if molested then not so much.

Need pics of your rifle to know more.