• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Model 75

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
I’ve had my dad’s Winchester Model 75 for quite some time and I’ve been wanting to upgrade it. I’ve been wondering if anyone knows of modern day chassis type stocks that accept older rifles. The bottom of the receiver has a steel mounting lug as well as a thru bolt at the back of the receiver. Any thoughts?

Good luck in your search. I had the thoughts of turning a beat up Win 52 into a modern stock/chassis NRL22 type gun, but didn't get any further than the basic Boyd's offerings.

Thanks for the info. I started shaping a stock once the when almost complete the rediculously expensive piece of wood I was using had a crack in it that didn’t show up until the end. Might try it again.

Also, do you know a good source where to find the offset angle inserts for the Winchester 105A front sight? Pretty hard to find. Was thinking of just buying a new age Lyman sight that screws onto the weaver post, though I’ll have to measure the sight night on the post.