• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Xpert

TheMoondog

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2020

Last year, Winchester released their first .22LR rimfire in decades: the Xpert. In many ways the Xpert is the diametric opposite of their legendary Model 52. The Xpert shares the polymer body and 10/22 compatible magazine of the Winchester Wildcat. It uses an adjustable M.O.A. trigger from the Model 70 and has a Bentz chamber. It's priced to move at the low end of the bolt-action market with a $275 street price, making it comparable to a Savage A22.

Does anybody own or have shot an XPert? How does it compare to a Savage A22? Will it compete against other off-the shelf bolt guns like a Bergara B or CZ 457?

Last edited:
It's a good thing I will never be in the market for a brand new $275 street priced rifle when $400 - $500 street price guns are almost not worth buying.

Saying a rifle is diametrically opposed to a Win 52 is NOT a selling point. It only reinforces that initial statement and sentiment.

All the high falootin' CNC machines we have these days....gun makers should be getting better. Not worse. It's like they are racing for the bottom.

Reactions: Cowpokey
It's a good thing I will never be in the market for a brand new $275 street priced rifle when $400 - $500 street price guns are almost not worth buying.

Saying a rifle is diametrically opposed to a Win 52 is NOT a selling point. It only reinforces that initial statement and sentiment.

All the high falootin' CNC machines we have these days....gun makers should be getting better. Not worse. It's like they are racing for the bottom.
But think of the ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶ poors.