• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windage adj AR scope mount?

Re: Windage adj AR scope mount?

So I wouldnt have to use up a bunch of the windage adjustment in the scope getting it zeroed

Re: Windage adj AR scope mount?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I wouldnt have to use up a bunch of the windage adjustment in the scope getting it zeroed </div></div>

Well, I can honestly say that I've not seen any windage adjustable QD mounts for the AR flattop, nor do I know that you really need one unless your scope is fouled up, or your receiver rail isn't straight/in-spec. It shouldn't take you much windage adjustment to get zeroed at all. The biggest "issue" you might have with using too much windage is that it will adversely effect the total elevation you have available (i.e. - the further right or left of mechanical zero you are, the less total elevation in MOA you have in the scope). Again, this is not usually much of an issue with the standard 5.56/.223 AR-15 unless you are running a scope with very limited adjustment ranges or you are shooting at distances beyond the usual range (600yds or so).

That said, the only "QD" setup with windage adjustability that I can think of off hand would be to get an ARMS #19 QD rail (or similar rail setup) and mount windage adjustable rings on it like the USO, Millett, etc. Not ideal and that means more things to possibly go wrong, but its an option.