• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Windage flags?

regency

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
www.patwar.com
Hey guys, I just built a nice 600yd range on my property but would like to place some windage flags at every 100yd interval. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should buy?

T-posts & survey or caution tape works fine, cheap, available & permanent. If you want to go whole hog, you could buy the type of flags they use for golf but they tend to be expensive.

I bought a set of Flying Fish flags and use them in load tests and they will sure help you determine what is an actual flier or if it was actually wind ,,,it is unreal how much a wind change so slight you cant see it will move a high BC bullet at high velocities at fairly close ranges,,

Golf Flags..> Golf Direct

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.discgolf.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2012\/05\/discgolf-flag600.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I have the golf flags that Lowlight referenced. They work great.
559f80d3aad248feb09a1ec981407508.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tennturk
A vote for the golf flags, and I have some Orlando wind indicators

I have the golf flags that Lowlight referenced. They work great.
559f80d3aad248feb09a1ec981407508.jpg

Another +1 for the golf flags. I want to pick up a couple more to put them at varying spots down range. Trying to read different crosswinds sucks.

a flag at 25-50 will help much more than your last 100yrd flag...(time of flight thing)

can't hep with golf flags other than just using yahoo search but you can easily go to hobby lobby, cloth world etc to get the material...then a trip to the hardware store for some metal posts (check the lawn & garden section)
or
you can use an aviation wind sock(s)...they're calibrated for wind speed
or
here are some BR flags/vanes
http://benchrest.com/class/?a=5&b=219&c=5

The flags shown above are "disk" golf basket flags DGA basket flags. I'd provide a link but the couple I found were overseas

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just built a nice 600yd range on my property but would like to place some windage flags at every 100yd interval. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should buy?

Golf wind flags, they're about 10-12 bucks all you need is a rod from Home Depot so the flag can swivel to also give you wind direction.

For $20, I picked up a couple just to have. Could serve as a good training aid (estimate windage based on whatever queues you have down range ASIDE from the flag, then compare against the flag to validate).

does anybody know where you can get them now. golf direct and wind gear direct seem to be dead websites

frisbee golf sites have them

google weighted wind flags

thanks. just found them, listed as no longer avalible. the following was posted below the product

• DGA (store manager) – December 13, 2019
    Dear ..............,
    Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We share your disappointment. We have enjoyed working with our wind flag partner for over a decade. Like ourselves, our windfall partner was a small family-owned business. The owner recently past away. It was our understanding that we would still be able to work with the successor, however, the wind flag business has been put on hold. Needless to say, this is a situation outside of our control and we wish the family well in this time of transition.
    We will let you know when we have an alternative solution.
    Best regards,
    DGA

looks like i have a new DIY project,