• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windham/Noveske... 16th of Julyu

flash-bang

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2012
Nevada
Windham Weaponry lower and...

a Noveske AR-15 Rogue Hunter A3 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 5.56x45mm NATO 1 in 7" Twist 18" Barrel Stainless Steel with NSR Free Float Handguard, Flash Hider comes with a new Smith Enterprise Vortex Flash Hider.

I will not be able to shoot until the 16th of July! GASP! Stupid work!

Question: The Noveske upper locks up like a bank vault door with the Windham Lower. Zero movement. <span style="font-weight: bold">How much difference does the lower <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> make?</span> The Windham shows casting or forgoing marks ("markings, casting or forging marks don't know which is which). Showing that it was born in a decent factory, from what I can glean from the 'net. I used dial and depth calipers along with my dial calipers and it all seems to be in "spec". Don't laugh, at least I didn't say mil-spec...lol. Can't wait till I can shoot it. Will the Windham make the Noveske upper shoot worse or is it OK? I'll buy another lower I just don't want to. If a Windham lower will work, then so be it! But I can have this rifle (upper and lower with Troy BUIS, brand new. Noveske was sealed in box till I opened it. And the gentleman is a good friend who I trust.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Figured, with good glass it ought to be an 800+ meter rifle. After I train to shoot that far. Thoughts? I'm buying it, I just wanted upper/lower mating advice. Thanks, -Matt</span>

Re: Windham/Noveske... 16th of Julyu

IMHO--the only part the lower would play in the accuracy or your rig would be the quality of trigger you install and the ergonomics between the shooter and the weapon. I don't care who makes the lower long as it's close enough to spec to properly function. The only thing a big name lower gets you is a fancy rollmark that may help it hold re-sale value.

Good ammo the gun likes and practice, practice, practice....

Re: Windham/Noveske... 16th of Julyu

Excellent! I have a friend who got a smoking deal on Windams when they first came out. My serial numbers, well the highest is 16xx and the lowest is 14xx. Understand this is the range of the first batch shipped. (Not that it matters, just a bit of history)I bought one complete HB version and "tricked it out". Now he sold two uppers to guys wanting cheap 1:9 plinking uppers. So I bought the lowers, brand new for "no money down and lo-lo financing"(just kidding).
The first lower is going with the Noveske above possibly with a Jard 1.5 lbs trigger and I purchased the YHM complete Specter 9mm carbine kit with Hahn's billet mag well. Last round hold open, 32 rd Colt "type" mags. He has one and uses the MetalForm mags with 0/0 failures. I shot it, it was a blast! Can't wait for that to come! Then on the 16th I'll have time to shoot! Woo-hoo. I'll make sure I post picks and range reports for all the help you guys have been... and yes, I will include pics! <span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks so much! -Matt</span>