• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Finris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2003
Is.
Winkler Knives.

Well who has one and how do you like it? What and how did you fall into buying one. I have been looking at the 11 series. I like the one style with the spine on the back for rope and such but not sure which way to jump. I like good knives, and custom always seem so nice I nearly hate using them, will that be a problem with one of these.

I have the Belt Knife. I like it a lot and carry it whenever I'm in the woods. Last season I used it to cut through the ribcage on two deer, no problems. After the field use, I washed it off and used it to cut the backstraps and veg for stir-fry. Holds an edge well, mine has the micarta grips which I recommend. The knife is meant to be a user, besides I can't afford to have a knife this nice and not use it.
By the way, I think you're talking about the S.A.R. knife. It looks great, but my experience with the pointed pommel on knives is not good. They tend to poke me in the ribs or I bang my elbow on them while on my belt. But, they seem popular, just not good for me.

Yes, I was looking at the S.A.R. I don't like the stainless steel stuff never have had it to keep a good edge. I was looking at a good working blade. I just needing to see and hear from others. I do agree with the pommel being a bit of a pain. I have trauma sheers that I brake glass with. I'm with you on having an expensive blade and not use it. I carry a Chris Reeves large folder at work and I love it, and the fixed (which I don't carry) the fully machined one they no longer make. Also why I'm looking for a good belt knife for woods carry and so forth.

I have 2 on order but I am still waiting for them to ship. I have a lot of friends that own his knives and tomahawks and I have never heard anything but praise for his blades. I met him earlier this year and he is a super nice guy as well that really supports the troops.

Sir, would you do a review on his knives that you have ordered. I would like to hear what you think about them and so forth. Thank You.