• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winter Wonderland

ChristianSilver

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2019
    East Texas
    Was excited to get out of New Mexico, don’t know why... Hell it’s worse at home.
    Thought I would share...

4483B878-8419-419E-A70B-7532795ADD78.jpeg
    6C80B49B-186A-4489-8436-00E10FEB5A31.jpeg

Yes sir, natural gas won’t freeze up like wind power did in Sweetwater.
    Might need natural gas to thaw’em out..😬

They shut down your rig or what? Lol

Thought it kinda looked like Trump. But, seeing how big that nose is -- maybe it is me.
    You guys up in NWA are still getting snow it looks. Same in the River Valley. Haven’t seen but a few trucks attempt the Ark River Bridge since 0500 . 😳

Attachments

• 2F3BCAD7-A378-4471-BBA1-B19D97FF7578.jpeg
      2F3BCAD7-A378-4471-BBA1-B19D97FF7578.jpeg
      419 KB · Views: 18
    Reactions: Gommer
    More or less things boil down to a combination of 3rd world electrical infrastructure.+ being isolated from the rest of the US power grid. Renewables just further stress the grid as they require mayor coal,gas or nuclear plants to stabilize the grid and those are being shut down. But they are not really the culprit.It seems more than anything natural gas plants going offline is where its at. Must be Putin closing the nat gas pipe like Rachel Maddow fearmongered already 2 years ago.ROFL

We are seeing grid stabilty issues due to Solar and Wind in the West of EU but for now, the grid has enough conventional powerplants in the East and South to stabilize the grid and compared to US a power grid in much much better shape.

''The fact that Texas deregulated its power grid in the 1990s could also be part of the problem, “Electricity market incentives are currently structured in such a way that Texas’ power companies receive more money if they don’t weatherize all their plants and shut down some of them during cold weather.”

The rest of the lower 48 states use two electric grids: the Eastern Interconnect and the Western Interconnect. By contrast, in Texas, 90 percent of the state’s residents rely on ERCOT. As Kate Galbraith reported Monday in the Texas Tribune, the Lone Star state sought independence from the national grids to avoid federal regulations.''
    EuWz97AXAAs0kGC

Last edited:
    Pipe burst in my attic. Full kitchen remodel incoming via water damage
    There is a reason I insisted that the water heater be on the ground floor. Any model, no matter how much my wife loved it, got a hard pass with water in the attic.

Not everyone is losing their minds, but a lot are. We’ve got friends that will probably be divorced by the weekend. We found a couple of holes in our preparedness plan, but adapted, improvised, and generally just sucked it the fuck up and overcame.

Renewable energy isn’t the blame, though a bunch of turbines freezing up sure put a kink in the works. Not planning or preparing for the inevitable winter weather (which is invariably freezing rain in TX) is the problem. Power companies letting trees overgrow transmission lines. Generation companies not winterizing their shit. Failure to plan for a spike in elec usage when the mercury dips (fuck, we spin the hands off the meters when it’s hot, who expected different when it’s cold?). There are a lot of reasons, and it is easy to pint at the giant frozen fans in the sky and say “see, there’s your problem,“ but that is disingenuous.

Proper
    Planning
    Prevents
    Piss
    Poor
    Performance

Reactions: rhsc
    Looks like the Mid Atlantic is going to be a toss up for snow, snow and ice or just ice. Tomorrow is going to be fun. The wife is scheduled for her Covid shot, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Nope... it’s always sunshine and 70 degrees in the oilfield...😬
    I feel that man lol I’m in the DJ and worked the past three nights in negative 10 degree weather. It was a blast to say the least 😂