• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Wish List - What do you use at the range / always goes with you...

Boltgun7443

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2018
Fishers, Indiana
With out department, we are allowed to use a yearly allowance for equipment, uniforms, etc. I'm curious what goes with you at the range no matter what, but also, the small things/pieces of gear that have made a big difference. I'm always looking to shed weight or simplify. I have a solid tripod, HOG, spotting scope, mat, logbook, and belt/harness with hide kit, mag / utility pouches...anything that's a fun/necessary must have?

Small tool kit. Allen wrench set. Brownells screwdriver and point kit, Torex tools, staple gun and extra staples, battery for chrono etc. All of it in a small plastic box 1/2 the size of a shoebox.

A good rangefinder, magnetospeed, Good ear pro, logbook, and a kestrel or weathermeter. Those are the additional things I always bring to the range...

I have a bag I keep that contains
Ammo- its gotten out of hand a bit, I have... 6(?) boxes in there now, thats not the box I usually bring along to shoot that day, just in case boxes
Rear bag
Angled rear bag
Mirage cover
Silencer tools
Weatherflow
Torque wrench and bits for it that my stuff might need
Range finder
Ear muffs
Shooting mat

Then in the ranch truck I keep a stapler, spray paints, a couple wrenches just in case, a marker, some paper plates for make shift targets for when I forget the actual printed targets, and a bit of steel chain for if one gets a link shot through both sides.

Kestrel, mag pouch, 8x monocular, rir book+pen and fix it sticks kit. Has allowed me to do everything i need carrying around matches without any hinderances and keeping it very light. Layers of cloths (pending weather), ammo and food fill up the rest.

Unless you are trying to spot trace the 8x monocular makes it easy to spot targets and watch impact/miss splashes. If I was to buy again id get a 12x though for a bit more seeing power.

Good range finding binoculars. I should have bought these way before more guns. I use them all the time. Only other thing I bring 100% of the time is a gun with bipod and ammo. Plus shooter app

Borka kit, magnetospeed, kestrel and ballistic solver of some sort is nice to have.

I don't carry a med kit, but I carry an Israeli bandage and a basic trauma kit for quick access. Takes up minimal space and could be life saving if the situation arises. For $20, I'd feel irresponsible without one.

I'll add a shot timer to the list. It's great for tracking progress on drills, and it's just fun to invent little games with it while at the range.

Does nobody carry a med kit?

http://darkangelmedical.com/
(and for everybody else not using dept. funds, yes, you can use HSA/FSA funds for med gear)

Good point and stupidly I answer in the negative.

Good sticky at top of equipment page discussing IFAKS

Looked at Dark Angel and they seem overpriced and not what I want.

Waiting for last poster on sticky to come back from OCONUS and we will work on setting up three kits.

Ill weight mine toward handling the range GSW but also minor nicks and cuts.

Does nobody carry a med kit?

http://darkangelmedical.com/
(and for everybody else not using dept. funds, yes, you can use HSA/FSA funds for med gear)

I always have a small med kit/trauma kit in my truck so its pretty much wherever I go.

I will have to remember that about the FSA on the med kit stuff!! i had enough at the end of last year to buy a nice kit!

There isn't anything that I don't bring....Eberlestock GSII with tools, bags, med kit, cleaning kit

5.11 range bag with spotter, tripod, electronics, ammo

Eberlestock drag bag with rifle, bipod

LOL