• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Wits end with AI /Jim Hart .308

I found his group on another thread with the overlay. Lol

Attachments

• 3837F1FB-52B5-44FF-8EBE-47BDF659858E.png
    3837F1FB-52B5-44FF-8EBE-47BDF659858E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
Is that a record? He should be famous! Who is this man?

About a year ago the rifle started to “jump “ hard right during recoil. I mean the front end of the barrel jumps hard right up to 8-9 inches. I thought I changed something and developed a bad habit. I let an HRT marksmen shoot it.

1. The rifle jumps because you suck
2. You don't know any "HRT marksmen"
3. You're full of shit

1579615037621.png
World Record group shot by Bart Sauter in IBS 600-yard Match on April 21, 2018 in Memphis, TN.

0.282 inches, 0.04 MOA… at 600 Yards. Simply amazing…

What can we say… this 0.282″ 5-shot group 600 yards you can do it .
actual size
1579615153405.png

Yes, I think you're correct that we won't see him again. Sad. For a brief time, we were in the presence of a unknown world champion. Oh, the knowledge he could have imparted, if we'd only known. I love this site for the opportunity to meet such people.

Reactions: RS14
View attachment 7230458World Record group shot by Bart Sauter in IBS 600-yard Match on April 21, 2018 in Memphis, TN.

0.282 inches, 0.04 MOA… at 600 Yards. Simply amazing…

What can we say… this 0.282″ 5-shot group 600 yards you can do it .
actual size
View attachment 7230459

But, I bet the guy that shot that group didn't immediately take the gun to a smith for a re-barrel (sniper contour) and to have the lugs lapped. Then go to a web forum and ask for help assessing the problem based on vagaries and poor explanations.

Go ahead, bet me!

Last edited:
But, I get the guy that shot that group didn't immediately take the gun to a smith for a re-barrel (sniper contour) and to have the lugs lapped. Then go to a web forum and ask for help assessing the problem based on vagaries and poor explanations.

Go ahead, bet me!
i mean it's fucking Bart Sauter...

Reactions: shoot4fun
funny thing about wits you think your at your end then find you are just getting started you'll be ok just take it like a man grin and bare it . And always remember

1. None of this matters.
2. It is about the probabilities.
3. Maybe David Tubb solicits help from sources of unknown quality, knowledge, and experience.
You're right, doesn't matter and I regret saying it to begin with. So now it's gone. Mind helping me out and deleting the quote too?

You're right, doesn't matter and I regret saying it to begin with. So now it's gone. Mind helping me out and deleting the quote too?
Done.
All in good fun.
I’ve been here for awhile, it took a few years to figure out who to listen to and who to ignore - especially in matters that directly impact my gear or abilities. As such, I do not often solicit general advice, especially about things that really matter. I do try to be helpful when others request advice, but sometimes they fall into categories like this, in which case it ceases - for me - to be about helping and becomes more about amusing myself.

No ill will intended.

Reactions: supercorndogs
i mean it's fucking Bart Sauter...
Even more than the shooter's reputation is the fact it was done in an IBS registered competition with lots of witnesses. The target was also sent to thee IBS Records Committee for measure, remeasure and, yes, remeasure again.
The record 1,000 yard five-shot group was fired in 2018 by a shooter in GA named Mike Wilson. It was also in a registered match and was verified at 1.087".

Reactions: b6graham
1. I bet if he zoomed out on that target it would have 50 holes in it.
2. Accuracy sure went to crap between 800m and "a grand". Wind musta really been a mother in that last 120 yards.

I would “Be afraid, Be very afraid” of this “shooter” . Similar post in May 2019 and another post where he is looking for others to join him in purchasing land to set up a shooting range. Maybe not a Troll; but definitely a Gremlin!

I would “Be afraid, Be very afraid” of this “shooter” . Similar post in May 2019 and another post where he is looking for others to join him in purchasing land to set up a shooting range. Maybe not a Troll; but definitely a Gremlin!

This guy was entertaining enough for me on an early Sunday morning over coffee that I too went and read his previous work. Some real gems...I hate it when you start to like someone AFTER they are gone!

Not only is he a ESHTO (Elite Snipers Hide Troll Operator - post #34 Steel Head):

His wife is a '95 West Point Grad and they want to buy as many of the graduating classes commemorative 1911 pistols as they can...11 so far and counting

Lives in Central Texas and every good Austin boy knows that if you have been to France...you're hip to use Meteric, now go get a Royal with Cheese

The 'could be' world record holder at shooting had a life before this hobby...he trained horses, WOLD RECORD SETTING horses, and he is a horseman that even trained Brad Pitt

He has a BAR (not Browning type - Big Ass Radio) and amp

I was thinking the same thing. I have nothing but good to say about Hart. But then again if the op is getting groups like that at 800 meters, he might know more than Jim. Maybe not.
Send off for more magic pixie dust!

Send off for more magic pixie dust!
I was joking in case you couldn’t figure that out. That is as for the comment about the op. For Hart barrels and Jim being good that’s not a joke.

The rifle jumps because the Johnson Rod is bent, to fix it roll it between your hands to straighten it out. Gun shouldn't jerk up any more.

I shoot with several guys who are far better than I am and do it consistently so I don’t think it’s all that remarkable. I just happened to have a good day and all the factors were in my favor. I fired four rounds on that set and had one flyer that went low about 5 inches. I was able to do it on the 600m target with 4 rounds.

Hey guys. Looks like he shot a almost identical group at 800m too. I found it in another thread. So he must be telling the truth. We all need to apologize. Lol

Attachments

• EE4798FA-54E6-4439-9DD8-4F339660AA81.png
    EE4798FA-54E6-4439-9DD8-4F339660AA81.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Wait... so he posts this thread stating how he’s fed up with his rifle but, on the same day, starts another thread bragging about the same rifle AND both threads use the same pics as supporting evidence?

#NotTodayISIS
I know right. And who knows what other threads we haven’t found yet.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
This jack wagon probably got a 1 in a billion rifle barrel and took 56 days to clean the accuracy right out of it. We may never know.....

• Sad
Reactions: M8541Reaper
OP must either be this guy, trained or was trained by this guy. Or at least knows him.

Attachments

• 3450B068-68AF-4957-975F-FCA39C81DFFE.png
    3450B068-68AF-4957-975F-FCA39C81DFFE.png
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 120
IMG_2521.JPG
3 bullets cloverleaf shot at 800 yards..........It's possible !
You have to go 275,000 miles to get there and the range is called "Tranquility Base"
Unique environmental conditions guaranteed to screw your DOPE !

Special: Two for Tuesdays

.....and this means our Op is an Alien :alien:

Man.....The shit NASA hides from us....

So this rifle would consistently stack bullets into cloverleaf groups (all touching) at 800 meters? That is definitely impressive. Why are you measuring distance in meters, did you move here from France or something?
We still use meters in the Army ?‍♂️

Lol, that’s what you took from this gem of a thread? You are going to fit right in here, new guy.

Lol, that’s what you took from this gem of a thread? You are going to fit right in here, new guy.
I can tell it’s a total joke, and he’s full of crock. I just like talking about stuff that I’m familiar with. But the read was comical, and I try not to take a whole lot too seriously ?

Now, can you imagine the stories the OP would have after a few beers?

I'm not impressed until he posts a video with a 275 lb bench press. I will only believe the accuracy claims at that point. Double points if he pours concrete.