• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Witt machine

Wink's

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2020
Has anyone had any experience with suppressors from Witt Machine?

I have 2 of their muzzle brakes. They are well made. I called to order one of them. The call was answered right away and the guy on the line was polite and professional. I would try one of their cans.

Reactions: Wink's
I have shot there mid size .22 can it definitively was borderline hearing safe. Machining quality is the only thing that is keeping me from buying one.

What do you mean “borderline” hearing safe? And is the machining quality bad?

Resized_20191102_112522.jpeg

This is the machining quality i speak of and my ears were ringing after shooting 5 rounds and was way louder than my SICO hybrid even though witt claims is quieter.

View attachment 7228817
This is the machining quality i speak of and my ears were ringing after shooting 5 rounds and was way louder than my SICO hybrid even though witt claims is quieter.

Wish I had seen this a week ago! Ordered a clamp on thread adapter from them. Sure hope it lines up better than that :(

P.S. You should still be wearing hearing protection :)

Last edited:
Wish I had seen this a week ago! Ordered a clamp on thread adapter from them. Sure hope it lines up better than that :(

P.S. You should still be wearing hearing protection :)
I would never trust a clamp on thread adapter how are you every gonna get it strait? no way in hell i would put my can on one.

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. This is actually the first forum I’ve ever been involved with. I do own a dirty 30 and clamp on threads (which I purchased to try on an old 30-30 bolt project). As far as my experience thus far, their stuff has exceeded my expectations for a $300 can, especially for the size.

Reactions: TRUK0891
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum. This is actually the first forum I’ve ever been involved with. I do own a dirty 30 and clamp on threads (which I purchased to try on an old 30-30 bolt project). As far as my experience thus far, their stuff has exceeded my expectations for a $300 can, especially for the size.
Good to have you hear. One word of advice, DON'T go into the bear pit unless you have really thick skin.

Good to have you hear. One word of advice, DON'T go into the bear pit unless you have really thick skin.
Thanks. I’m not too worried about people’s opinions, they’re just as my own - opinions. I have an open mind to most things. I own high buck stuff and cheap stuff. I’m just offering what I can, my opinion. P.S. I don’t have much for feelings left to hurt.

Reactions: Jscb1b
Thanks. I’m not too worried about people’s opinions, they’re just as my own - opinions. I have an open mind to most things. I own high buck stuff and cheap stuff. I’m just offering what I can, my opinion. P.S. I don’t have much for feelings left to hurt.
Welcome, you'll fit right in then.

View attachment 7228817
Yea quality like that is hard to overlook. Even the little things have to be right even if it is just aesthetics.

Yea quality like that is hard to overlook. Even the little things have to be right even if it is just aesthetics.

My experience was, sadly, similar. Received my clamp on threaded adapter back in mid-February 2020. Looked nice on the outside, but the thru hole bore (top picture) compared to the threads was out .060"-.070" AND the threads were oversized!! Called them and sent it back, they sent a new one a couple weeks later and Cerakoted it for free. Try number 2, still .025" out of concentricity! Sent an email, no response, but I have not pressed the issue either due to my work schedule. I have not shot it as I'm worried about a baffle strike.

I like the concept and the design, but why (for what is supposed to be a machine shop) do they have such horrendous concentricity issues??
48F02FB2-51B9-4C9E-9AF9-B37893D64D9F.jpeg
BDC8C850-A89B-46C6-996D-E4F8F781294F.jpeg
6398BC7B-56F6-4285-B8D1-87C8B51491FA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh1978
I could do better with calipers, a punch and drill press.
That is fucking pathetic. I would just ask for a refund and never buy shit from them again. That work pisses me off, and its not even my money and time I wasted.

Some barrels can be out of concentricity with the bore by quite a lot. Factory barrels more so than custom but any barrel can suffer that. It could be that Witt has some problems but I'll wager if you check the barrel you'll find it's the culprit more often than not. Also you can check your factory barrel threads with pin gages. Many barrels are bell mouthed under the threads and accuracy can be improved by cutting them off and rethreading.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I am as selective as anyone else regarding the companies I decide to do business with, and although I have read the bad reviews, after reading a bit about the Witt Machine history, I developed enough respect and confidence to make my decision and hoped that it won't happen to me.
Anyways, I received the parts I ordered in about 2 weeks. The muzzle brake looked fine but the muzzle clamp adapter came in with a surprising concentricity error between the threads and the hole of about 11.5 mils. Considering the questionable barrel alignment added by the clamp section and the resulting muzzle break tilt, the total error is very likely to lead to a bullet hit before leaving the assembly.

After attempting to install the muzzle clamp adapter on the rifle so I can measure the assy compounding concentricity error, to my surprise it did not fit onto the rifle barrel either. Even after reversing the clamping screws as instructed to open the clamp as much as possible and forced it in with a plastic mallet, the barrel stopped about half inch from bottoming out into the clamp adapter. The screw heads also rub into their seats stripping away the ceramic coating.
Before returning the product and add to the bad reviews I found on the exact same issue, I decided to further analyze these 2 issues and give Witt Machine a fair chance to fix them. I found that the barrel fit issue was a result of a fundamentally wrong way to measure the rifle barrel end section as instructed, which is not only insufficient to describe the true muzzle shape/geometry, but actually detrimental. Although not obvious to the naked eye, the end of the barrel on my Remington 700, and I suppose other rifles owned by so many of the people that report with similar complaints on being unable to fit these clamp-on adapters, is not exactly conical to only require 2 measurements (at muzzle end and 1.625" deep), but it is actually rounded off towards the end, creating a curved outline. That would require at least 3-4 measurements along the 1.625” barrel end section in order to properly describe the true muzzle shape.
So I decided to put in a few hours and made a detailed 3D CAD drawing to help us all solve this issue which I suspect is fairly common in barrel manufacturing, and hopefully improve their website measurement instructions to avoid encountering future issues for the benefit of their customers, but their company as well.
I emailed the drawing with my comments for review and asked for feedback and their input on solving this issue, but no reply. I pinged them again asking how they want to solve this issue after another week, but again -no answer. After 2 additional weeks -still no reply, so I decided to call the company and talked with a CR lady who didn't seem to be neither sympathetic towards the issue, nor interested in allowing me to have a constructive discussion with a technical person to whom I could present my analysis concluding that the WittMachine measurement method and instructions on their website lacks the necessary detail and leads to inaccurate characterization of certain kinds of barrel muzzle geometries. BTW, she said that they read and respond to all their emails. Right…
In spite of my insistent but polite efforts to make her understand that the improvements I am suggesting to their measurement method would correct the issues complained by so many customers in the bad reviews I have seen (which BTW I was cut off by her saying that it isn't true, but it's ok, I believe the countless online reviews and comments), minimize product returns and ultimately -not only significantly benefit us as customers, but the WittMachine company as well, the CR expressed no interest whatsoever. More than that, as she seemed to run out of patience, she told me to ship the part back (at my expense) for a refund, after which the call was cut short with a quick thank you then she hung up before I could even respond with a customary greeting.
Obviously, I can't tell if this level of rare disinterest for constructive dialog with a customer who is willing and even inviting to do just that is a general company lack of regard, or if it comes from this employee's single ended decision or lack of interest in personal involvement -fact about which the company might not even be aware of, the bottom line is that I am very disappointed with the experience and I will never order from this company again, nor I advise anyone to do that.
Given the experience, I am not even going to send the part in for refund because at this point I am not sure how this could end. I own a lathe and decided to take a stab at fixing this myself rather than pay return shipping and continue to deal with this company any further.

Reactions: smoooth1
I am as selective as anyone else regarding the companies I decide to do business with, and although I have read the bad reviews, after reading a bit about the Witt Machine history, I developed enough respect and confidence to make my decision and hoped that it won't happen to me.
Anyways, I received the parts I ordered in about 2 weeks. The muzzle brake looked fine but the muzzle clamp adapter came in with a surprising concentricity error between the threads and the hole of about 11.5 mils. Considering the questionable barrel alignment added by the clamp section and the resulting muzzle break tilt, the total error is very likely to lead to a bullet hit before leaving the assembly.

After attempting to install the muzzle clamp adapter on the rifle so I can measure the assy compounding concentricity error, to my surprise it did not fit onto the rifle barrel either. Even after reversing the clamping screws as instructed to open the clamp as much as possible and forced it in with a plastic mallet, the barrel stopped about half inch from bottoming out into the clamp adapter. The screw heads also rub into their seats stripping away the ceramic coating.
Before returning the product and add to the bad reviews I found on the exact same issue, I decided to further analyze these 2 issues and give Witt Machine a fair chance to fix them. I found that the barrel fit issue was a result of a fundamentally wrong way to measure the rifle barrel end section as instructed, which is not only insufficient to describe the true muzzle shape/geometry, but actually detrimental. Although not obvious to the naked eye, the end of the barrel on my Remington 700, and I suppose other rifles owned by so many of the people that report with similar complaints on being unable to fit these clamp-on adapters, is not exactly conical to only require 2 measurements (at muzzle end and 1.625" deep), but it is actually rounded off towards the end, creating a curved outline. That would require at least 3-4 measurements along the 1.625” barrel end section in order to properly describe the true muzzle shape.
So I decided to put in a few hours and made a detailed 3D CAD drawing to help us all solve this issue which I suspect is fairly common in barrel manufacturing, and hopefully improve their website measurement instructions to avoid encountering future issues for the benefit of their customers, but their company as well.
I emailed the drawing with my comments for review and asked for feedback and their input on solving this issue, but no reply. I pinged them again asking how they want to solve this issue after another week, but again -no answer. After 2 additional weeks -still no reply, so I decided to call the company and talked with a CR lady who didn't seem to be neither sympathetic towards the issue, nor interested in allowing me to have a constructive discussion with a technical person to whom I could present my analysis concluding that the WittMachine measurement method and instructions on their website lacks the necessary detail and leads to inaccurate characterization of certain kinds of barrel muzzle geometries. BTW, she said that they read and respond to all their emails. Right…
In spite of my insistent but polite efforts to make her understand that the improvements I am suggesting to their measurement method would correct the issues complained by so many customers in the bad reviews I have seen (which BTW I was cut off by her saying that it isn't true, but it's ok, I believe the countless online reviews and comments), minimize product returns and ultimately -not only significantly benefit us as customers, but the WittMachine company as well, the CR expressed no interest whatsoever. More than that, as she seemed to run out of patience, she told me to ship the part back (at my expense) for a refund, after which the call was cut short with a quick thank you then she hung up before I could even respond with a customary greeting.
Obviously, I can't tell if this level of rare disinterest for constructive dialog with a customer who is willing and even inviting to do just that is a general company lack of regard, or if it comes from this employee's single ended decision or lack of interest in personal involvement -fact about which the company might not even be aware of, the bottom line is that I am very disappointed with the experience and I will never order from this company again, nor I advise anyone to do that.
Given the experience, I am not even going to send the part in for refund because at this point I am not sure how this could end. I own a lathe and decided to take a stab at fixing this myself rather than pay return shipping and continue to deal with this company any further.

I had a very similar frustrating experience with Witt Machine and concentricity issues - even on the remake of my clamp on threaded adapter.
Tried calling and emailing - No Response. I finally just sent it back with a note asking for a refund along with my phone number - again, No Response and no refund!!

Reactions: T3ninja
I have 3 Witt machine clamp on brakes and 1 threaded brake. I have had very good service from them.

I just picked up my naughty nine suppressor after a 6 month wait.
Its going on a 16" 6.5 saum hunting rifle, looks pretty slick and built like a little tank but they sent me one with 1/2x28 threads when I ordered 5/8×24
I got a reply right away when I sent an email to them, they're going to re-core it and send it back.
Hope to have it by the end of next week,
I'll post my experience with it

A couple of our guys have their Canooters on their guns & I can't tell a difference between the guys with bare muzzles & the ones with the Canooter.

Doesn't seem to do anything for the noise or flash.

• Haha
I just picked up my naughty nine suppressor after a 6 month wait.
Its going on a 16" 6.5 saum hunting rifle, looks pretty slick and built like a little tank but they sent me one with 1/2x28 threads when I ordered 5/8×24
I got a reply right away when I sent an email to them, they're going to re-core it and send it back.
Hope to have it by the end of next week,
I'll post my experience with it

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

I had a very similar frustrating experience with Witt Machine and concentricity issues - even on the remake of my clamp on threaded adapter.
Tried calling and emailing - No Response. I finally just sent it back with a note asking for a refund along with my phone number - again, No Response and no refund!!

UPDATE:

So last week a package shows up unexpectedly from Witt Machine. They made my threaded adapter a 3rd time and appear to have finally made it concentric! I checked it out and looks like only .003" out of round between the bore hole and threads. This time, they didn't bother to give it a complimentary Cerra-Kote, though they had done the 2nd one......oh well.

Their communication sucks. In the letter I sent with the returned adapter, I had included my cell number - crickets. Never even returned an email, nothing.

I guess they finally made it right, and that's all they did.

Going forward, if they would do it right the first time, every time, and communicate, they might eventually redeem themselves.

Man..
Wish I would have seen this before I placed my order. Ready to be disappointed I guess.
Hopefully if need be my credit card company will bail me out... Need be.

I have had very good experiences with Witt machine. 2 clamp on and one threaded brake. I will be buying from them again.

I have a clamp-on brake. Got mild strikes and sent it back for further reaming. Turnaround was quick, and works fine now.

I bought one of their intergrated suppressors from them on Black Friday 3 years ago. I've used it sporadically over the last 3 years. Last spring I noticed as you can see in the pic that the screws in the crown of the suppressor loosen up and fall off. I've called and emailed them and no response. I've even left snarky comments on their Facebook posts and nothing even then. When this suppressor was in lockdown at the store I had it sent to, they told me it had pieces of metal from the cutting process still stuck on the baffles and hanging in the way of any bullets that would pass through it. I called the company back then and they actually responded. It was sent back and fixed. It actually shoots M855 ammo really well, which was surprising. Unless something changes, I doubt I'd order from them again.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the screws from loosening up?

ATT00001 (86).jpg

The heat won't melt it?
They make hi temp loctite.
I'm having good luck with my naughty nine suppressor on my precision bolt guns.
If I were to do it over though I'd have gone with a 6-7" can from another manufacturer, the 4" witt machine can doesn't do a whole lot on magnums

Man..
Wish I would have seen this before I placed my order. Ready to be disappointed I guess.
Hopefully if need be my credit card company will bail me out... Need be.
Welp I was pleasantly surprised. My brake arrived in just about 2 weeks from the day I ordered it. No slag that I could see in the ports.
I did have to tighten it at a higher torque value to mount it. However with a couple hundred rounds down the pipe it's remained tight.

Here is a review of some suppressors from Witt machine. They do reduce the sound signature, so I guess they are- technically- suppressors, but they're not making the gun anywhere near hearing safe...

Here is a review of some suppressors from Witt machine. They do reduce the sound signature, so I guess they are- technically- suppressors, but they're not making the gun anywhere near hearing safe...

Good video
Pretty much mirrors my experience with the naughty nine
It reduces blast on my 7 wsm and is hearing safe if youre standing behind the shooter, but Id never waste a stamp on another!

Reactions: T3ninja
I have 2 of their muzzle brakes. They are well made. I called to order one of them. The call was answered right away and the guy on the line was polite and professional. I would try one of their cans.
Do you have the SME How affective does it reduce recoil? How much longer is it then say the average muzzle brake?

Do you have the SME How affective does it reduce recoil? How much longer is it then say the average muzzle brake?
I'm up to 3 of their brakes. 2 clamp on and one threaded. The brakes are 2 to 2.5 inches long.

I have had a dirty thirty for about 2 years. It takes the snap out of my 6.5 and 308. It's not as quiet as my liberty victory mag, but it is 8 inches shorter. lot less volume.

I have two of their Mod-1 QD cans and wasn't overly impressed. Quality of the work seems fine but they are much louder than my Omega 36M! You definitely need to wear ear pro while running these cans. I tested them on an 11.5" AR15 in 5.56 and they are still loud, I can only imagine how loud they'll be on a 300PRC. My 36M I've run on the same carbine and it was very quiet. The Mod-1 is shorter but fatter, heavier and louder. Their price is nice but you're not getting the same noise mitigation as you would with a higher end can. Very disappointed.

I bought a Witt on a sale/special a couple years ago. Custom caliber, "short", custom SN yada yada yada. My plan was to have a dedicated 6mm, short suppressor for hunting.
Literally useless as a suppressor.
Bore size was easily large enough for a .30 cal and was very very close to having a 338 bullet pass through.
One shot with my 6x284 and I immediately knew I would never use it for the reason I bought it.
Decided to test it on a 223 AR. USELESS
Decided to test it on a 16" 300 BLK. Supers USELESS, Subs...terrible...but manageable.

I had chalked it up to a learning experience when I heard about ECCO Machine on doing re-cores.
Took these pics and got a quote...and roughly 30-45 days later I had it back and it's NIGHT AND DAY better.

I had them do the re-core and add a Cherry Bomb mounting point because I'll leave it as my dedicated "Sugar Badger" suppressor but besides the $$ for being cheap...it was well worth the learning experience.

BEFORE - 2 baffles, a spacer and front/rear caps...with crappy cerakote.
processed-3e2deeb2-992e-4fa2-b210-77bf15931304_rFbRGb1I.jpeg
processed-46d97841-cb1a-4c0b-a60c-72e4137ff895_1xOcNls5.jpeg
processed-469a1539-0a62-4da5-aa9c-8e033839efe8_IoulKAsb.jpeg
processed-972fc4b0-bf2f-4518-ba2a-d48e4f8c6fa6_oBrdbxiL.jpeg
processed-dd93a3fb-6ad9-4efc-b3a3-e85e6f9b1b45_miUkjcPs.jpeg

AFTER - Completely rebuilt (night and day better)
I will never buy anything from Witt again
Screenshot_20230202_150134_Messages.jpg