• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOA 223 Varmint 1/12 barrel

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    I have one of these on back order with them in 20", it will be my first 1/12 barrel of any kind. Just wondering if others have them and how they shoot?

I plan on shooing mainly 40 grain factory ammo with it but I was also wondering how well these barrels shoot heavier stuff too? Will they shoot a 69 grain smk or is that pushing it?

Thanks

I personally think a 12 twist is a bit slow for 69s. if I remember right that is why the gov went to 9 twist barrels

The bullet to try would be the 53 Vmax... Best BC in it's class and it *may* stabilize in a 1/12 twist

Reactions: RFutch
    Some info on the web saying 62 is about the upper limit for the 1/12s. I don’t know of any decent 62 gr bullets though.

55 maybe 60 will be your max weight in the AR with a 20" If it was a 26" bolt gun you MIGHT be able to push a 69gr fast enough. My 22" remI had with a 12" tw shot the 60gr Sierra better than anything else.

Guess I’ll try the 53 vmax like suggested. That looks to be the best BC in the 50s and 60s too.

Like others have said 53 vmax is a good option or the old 52 Amax is designed for slow twist barrels as well. Other than that stick to 40gr flat base bullets