• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report WOA 6.8 SPC AR 11-26-10 Range report

winxp_man

Firearm Pimp
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2009
Sacto, CA
Here are pics that I ran on OnTarget after todays range trip. The nice thing was it only took me 5 shots to sight in the rifle
laugh.gif

This is the rifle I have some pics posted in the rifle picture thread.

photo4.jpg

Now here are todays tagets pics with the reloading data and OnTarget measurements.

Vmaxrow5-HunterPro110row1.jpg

V-Maxrow1-115SMKrow11.jpg

V-Max110row234.jpg

HunterProrow4.jpg

115SMKrow9-10.jpg

115SMKRow7-8.jpg

Re: WOA 6.8 SPC AR 11-26-10 Range report

those Pro Hunters are working pretty well for you. I hunt with 6.8mm and have good luck with the Pro Hunters and Nolser Accubonds. This year I tried Barnes 95GR TTSX and had great results on paper and on deer. I could never get the 110 VMAX'es to work in my LWRC...the best I could get was 3-4 MOA. The rifle hated them. I have settled on RL-10X at 28.5 grains and it seems to work well with all the bullets I tried vice the VMAX.

Rifle looks nice - thanks for the range report.

there not bad for me
laugh.gif

My 6.8 does not like the Hornady factory 110 V-Max loads at all.

I have come to the conclusion that my LWRC only likes bullets less than 100 grains. It shoots the 110 Pro Hunters well but it really likes lighter bullets - it is a 1:10 twist barrel. I have not tested a whole lot as it is just my hunting rig and it just has to kill but I did find the Barnes 95 GR TTSX would print under 1 MOA and that is more than good enough for hunting.

Over on the 6.8mm forum most of the people have given up on the 110 VMAX. I wish Hornady would do some work with the VMAX for the 6.8mm - may be a 90 - 95 gr. I use VMAX in my 223 and love it so that was the first round I tried and was very disappointed.

My barrel is a SPC II with 1-11 4 grove barrel that might be making the difference. But I think more companies should start making more types of bullets and more various grains. For example some 110 smk and 90 smk would be nice to try. Plus this round is getting out there now that people see it more. Unlike the Remington 30 hehe

my 16" cmmg upper spc II, 1-11tw. accually likes the vmax at just under an inch at 100 yds. But It shoots much better with the pro hunters and the 90gr TNT.

Im going to have to try these 95gr Barnes soon, ive heard nothing but good stuff about them.

my lwrc a2 loves the pro hunters and shoots sub moa as well. Don't worry about the twist rate in lwrc's barrels.

I was reading on 68forum that twist rates can effect the pressure. Same round will produce different pressure between a 1-11 or a 1-10. It's not just the fact that it's a SPC sammi chamber or SPC II