• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOA accuracy issues, my experience… (update 9/24/2023)

Those who like to big dick, just get big dicked sometimes. :ROFLMAO: :rifle:
You know, people should learn how to have a discussion, instead of hurling insults at someone they disagree with. It'd save everyone (including the Mods) some time in having to address those who need a lesson in manners. Take 3 days off to think about it.

Oh yeah....you've been big dicked, by a bigger dick. Have a nice day, sir. (See, you can be a dick and be courteous about it)

Arggggggggh me WOA barrel I ordered on the 19th just walked the plank into the post office. Arggggh. Sorry I derailed the thread and didn't hurl any insults 20" threaded and fluted. Wilson blank (I guess) 1-8 twist. Me rifle fer them seagulls always a poopin' on me poop deck......Argggggggh

Reactions: stanley_white
WOA.jpg

This is my WOA 26" Varmint Upper with 6,760 rounds to date. I was expecting more erosion than this at the port.

Last edited:
While this question has no real bearing on your WOA barrel's erosion... and sorry if I missed it , what ammo was fired through it ?

To me, that erosion seems like a lot, for so few a rounds.
If you imagine that the burr was so large it was getting shot over and over and part of the bullet jackets were impacting below the burr, then that sort of wear seems about right. Pretty crazy erosion with so few shots. I wonder if it will ever stop and the burr gets “shot out”

While this question has no real bearing on your WOA barrel's erosion... and sorry if I missed it , what ammo was fired through it ?

To me, that erosion seems like a lot, for so few a rounds.
In comparison to my many AR barrels, and even what has been presented in this thread, that WOA barrel is suspect as bad drilling or bad steel. I have never seen a gas port look so bad on a relatively new barrel. The fact WOA says this is common is a turd polish response.

I have had 3 wilson barrels shit the bed so far. My WOA SPR has done the same thing as the others on here. It shot outstanding right out of the box. Then went to hell by the 25 shot or so. Mine had worse erosion that any of these have showed. They told me it was normal to have that amount. Then sent them pics of several barrels that had 1500+ rounds and had hardly any erosion. I am thinking there is a lot of bad barrel steel that Wilson got a hold of.

I wonder if it is USA sourced steel? Or China? I know my Sabre Defense SS barrel has no where near that amount of erosion. It has several thousand rounds on it.

Arggggggggh me WOA barrel I ordered on the 19th just walked the plank into the post office. Arggggh. Sorry I derailed the thread and didn't hurl any insults 20" threaded and fluted. Wilson blank (I guess) 1-8 twist. Me rifle fer them seagulls always a poopin' on me poop deck......Argggggggh

I look forward to your report of performance if you are willing to share it.

Thank you.

-Stan

Yeah, it's .108". WOA says that's how they make them. MK12 ports are .104" so I put a sliver of the gas port over the hole.

What do you mean by putting a “sliver of the gas port over the hole?”

Also, does the location of this “sliver” correspond at all to where you got the buildup on the hole?

Thank you.

-Stan

I placed the gas black over the gas port so the hole wasn't completely open at .108 for the initial 5rnds. "Sliver" was me looking in a borescope of the amount the gas block closed off the hole. Think, "Poor man's restrictive gas block". I realized I didn't need to restrict the port size for reliable function, so I placed the gas block hole over the gas port hole like a traditional gas block placement for the rest of all these rounds. So, it was full open gas at .108.

Obviously, this all takes place outside and on top of the bore, not in the bore where the bullet touches the gas port on the inside.
Roger.

Thank you.

-Stan