• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOA Bartlin barrel 7.5 $125

S197

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2019
WOA has deal going on 7.5 bartlin barrel. I’ve never given thought to a 7.5 223 but this deal has me rethinking it.

Good deal... but to darned short for me. Thats a lot of blast to me.

WOA's comment.. "This little firecracker is 7.5” long." says a lot ! Lol

Anyone here run a dedicated 22 witha pistol gas system? This barrel might be fun with a cmmg 22 bcg. I wonder how it would run?

Anyone here run a dedicated 22 witha pistol gas system? This barrel might be fun with a cmmg 22 bcg. I wonder how it would run?
I've got a CMMG kit, it's a straight blowback system so the gas length of the host barrel is irrelevant. That reminds me, need to go buy some 22lr.

Reactions: S197
This would possibly be the best use for this although the fast twist would possibly negate the the excellence of the barrel quality it accuracy.

This isn’t really my niche but I just got a problem child 10.5”upper from a buddy and I Couldn’t resist … going loud! Thinking I’ll put a noveske kx5 blast diffuser on the WOA 7.5 to get it past the 9” handguard and hope for the best.

I saw these were still on stock and I couldn't resist. I just bought one and am curious if anyone else is running a 7.5" barrel. What kind of velocities can I expect from this barrel length? It's likely going to be nothing more than an obnoxious range toy, but being a Bartlein I'm curious to see how far I can push it...

I saw these were still on stock and I couldn't resist. I just bought one and am curious if anyone else is running a 7.5" barrel. What kind of velocities can I expect from this barrel length? It's likely going to be nothing more than an obnoxious range toy, but being a Bartlein I'm curious to see how far I can push it...

I’m sure you can find chrono data by the inch for 5.56, but ballpark probably low 2000s with 55gr?

Reactions: drewthebrave
I’m sure you can find chrono data by the inch for 5.56, but ballpark probably low 2000s with 55gr?
Yeah, looks like around 2300-2400 with 55gr, and maybe 2100 with 62gr. I think I can work with that.

I just picked up a 7" Centurion Quad rail on clearance, so this is going to be a fun little project. I already found some inspiration:
29187296_1187075387995594_7520976068782587904_o.jpg

Reactions: Bluedog82
Yeah, looks like around 2300-2400 with 55gr, and maybe 2100 with 62gr. I think I can work with that.

I just picked up a 7" Centurion Quad rail on clearance, so this is going to be a fun little project. I already found some inspiration:
29187296_1187075387995594_7520976068782587904_o.jpg
Do you have a suppressor? You’re gonna want a suppressor.

Reactions: jumrobe
This isn’t really my niche but I just got a problem child 10.5”upper from a buddy and I Couldn’t resist … going loud! Thinking I’ll put a noveske kx5 blast diffuser on the WOA 7.5 to get it past the 9” handguard and hope for the best.
Fun for you but it'll suck for everyone else at the range unless they're bonafide deaf. You must put a muzzle brake on there as an exclamation point and for that full-on, no going back alienation factor. I actually hate White Oak for selling that abomination more than you buying and using it.

I was three benches down from some tacticool-teen shooting an 11.5" barrel unsuppressed (fucking savage) and I had to get up and walk away until he was done shooting. It was that loud. Granted, I shot a 16" 308 with a muzzle brake for some time so I was able to acquire my "you're a dick" membership card along with permanent ringing in my left ear. After attending finishing school and buying a suppressor, I'm now an accepted member of modern society. God speed.

Reactions: jumrobe
Fun for you but it'll suck for everyone else at the range unless they're bonafide deaf. You must put a muzzle brake on there as an exclamation point and for that full-on, no going back alienation factor. I actually hate White Oak for selling that abomination more than you buying and using it.

I was three benches down from some tacticool-teen shooting an 11.5" barrel unsuppressed (fucking savage) and I had to get up and walk away until he was done shooting. It was that loud. Granted, I shot a 16" 308 with a muzzle brake for some time so I was able to acquire my "you're a dick" membership card along with permanent ringing in my left ear. After attending finishing school and buying a suppressor, I'm now an accepted member of modern society. God speed.
I've been there. This will be my secret weapon if someone is shooting something obnoxious next to me so I can give them a taste of their own medicine.

However, I did order one of these so that I can control the concussion with the forwarding device a bit or go full douche with the bare brake:

I've been there. This will be my secret weapon if someone is shooting something obnoxious next to me so I can give them a taste of their own medicine.

However, I did order one of these so that I can control the concussion with the forwarding device a bit or go full douche with the bare brake:
Ehh, that's not a very loud or effective brake.
I've got one, it's basically a tube with some holes in the side, no baffle surface perpendicular to the bore.

Reactions: drewthebrave