• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

WOA Upper delivered.

tickled pink

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2010
Just north of Atlanta
My new WOA upper ( 18" Varmint 1 in 7" twist which is Fluted under hand guard & front of barrel. .223/5.56 ) was delivered to my home yesterday. Here it is put together with my Colt M4 lower. I am very surprised that with all the extras you see ( scope, bipod & sling ) less the magazine it is perfectly balanced just in front of the magazine well. It is also the same length as the 16" because it doesn't have a flash guard.

Will try to do a ladder test using Sierra 69 gr. Match Kings this weekend to see what it likes best.

WOA UPPER = left photo.

PS: Scope is a Bushnell AR/223 (4.5-18x40mm).

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...ushnell-4.5-18x40-bdc-reticle-target-ar-scope

Attachments

• WOA UPPER .JPG
    WOA UPPER .JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 11
  • COLT M4 .jpg
    COLT M4 .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
That's a sweet looking rifle. WOA uppers always look sleek and sexy. Clean. No nonsense. Their reputation for accuracy is well deserved. Take that puppy out to 300 yards and beyond as soon as you can. Well done!

Nice rifle. That's exactly what I have been considering for my next one. How long did it take once you ordered it, and how much was it to flute it?

Nice rifle. That's exactly what I have been considering for my next one. How long did it take once you ordered it, and how much was it to flute it?

I ordered it on 2-10-14 and I was told that it should be delivered the middle of May and it was delivered on May 15. Fluting was an extra $100 and shipping was $18. I paid with Postal money orders ( what mama doesn't know won't hurt her ) there was no charge for using credit card. Total of $732. Now I have my Colt M4 upper for sale with less than 100 rounds shot with it.

By the way I really like the Bushnell AR/223 scope with a 4.5-18x40mm zoom.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...ushnell-4.5-18x40-bdc-reticle-target-ar-scope

Last edited:
I just called WOA and spoke to Jane. She told me that on my 18" the gas block is located about 1" less than the standard rifle length and said that others may call it an "intermediate". I was also told that the chamber is shortened up a little to shortened the distance of the jump which should help with the accuracy.

I tried a ladder test yesterday. I reloaded 20 rounds starting at 24.0 grains of Varget and increased each shell by 1/10th. gr. After sighting in on another target and shooting 6 times with 65 grainers to also fowled the barrel. My first 5 shots were less than 1/2". After about the 8th shot I broke one of the chair legs which ruined the rest of my shooting.

Here is the target, but I got flustered and didn't see the 5th shot in the first group until I wrote on it. The 5 shots were 1/10 th grain different and were less than 1/2".

Attachments

• ladder test .JPG
    ladder test .JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 22
  • new upper .JPG
    new upper .JPG
    394.5 KB · Views: 10
  • new upper 1 .JPG
    new upper 1 .JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I need an extension on the charging handle. Which kind do you like best. The first two have had good reviews more so then the other one.

Attachments

• 1 .jpg
    1 .jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1-2 .jpg
    1-2 .jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 3 .jpeg
    3 .jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 8
Check out the Bravo Company "Gunfighter" charging handles.

I have been told that the Rainier Arms Raptor is a better one to get and they ain't cheep. I need one that gives me easy access to the handles because the eye piece of my scope is pretty large. What ya think? Any better suggestions?

Amazon.com : Rainier Arms Raptor : Other Products : Sports & Outdoors

PS: This week I'm taking my AR with the new WOA upper to a local gun shop that specializes with ARs. They said I could try all the different kinds until I find the one I like. You never stop adding things just like a Jeep.

Attachments

• 31g-zm-A+jL._SX466_.jpg
    31g-zm-A+jL._SX466_.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
In my experience the BCM Mod A44s have rattled a bunch. Had no issues with the Mod 4 that came with my Noveske upper but the A44s were awful. I tried it in 5 different uppers hoping that the $45 dollar option would work as well as those twice the price....No joy. I've since tried the AXTS Raptor, the LWRC ambi, and compared them with the PRI Gasbuster which has always been my preference as everything I shoot is suppressed. The AXTS is very nice, but I've unexpectedly found the LWRC to be fantastic for reducing gas blow back, low profile, extremely solid construction, positive lock up, and smooth charging. Very nice unit without the play some others have. Again, just my experience...