• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wolf 22LR ammo in kestrel elite with AB

sled_mack

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Slatington, PA
I was looking at the bullet library to add my 22 rifle. I see a few rimfire options, but no Wolf? Any suggestions for another ammo that is close enough once adjusted for MV and DSF?

Match Target specifically.

Thanks

If made since late 2018 it's Eley Target

Reactions: Alabusa
I did some testing earlier this year with current versions of Lapua, Eley (others) and some Wolf Extra Match from probably 15 years ago. My rifle had historically shot best with Lapua Center X until I tried the older Wolf.

I tested at least half a dozen brands in the same conditions (less than 1 hour) off an FTR bipod and bag. The older Wolf produced by far the smallest group in "my rifle".

Clearly they were doing something different back then whoever made that ammo!

These bricks are from 2012. This rifle got set aside when we moved. Local range only allows targets right in front of the berms. I’ve got a pile of steel targets I used to put out at random distances, range with reticle, shoot, then confirm with laser. A lot less fun being limited to 100, 200, 300. But it’s time to dust this rifle off and get more practice!