• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Wolf Hunting - Update - WOLF DOWN!!!!

Re: Wolf Hunting

Congrats !! I believe you have missed your calling as a writer though. Thanks for sharing your hunt(s) with us.

Excellent Story and well done on the hunt!

Outstanding writing! As mentioned above it felt like I was sitting right there next to you. That last part with checking the weather made me laugh and spurred an adrenaline rush of my own.

Absolutely beautiful animal. Congratulations on the kill!

Great read man! Made me wish I was home doing some hunting myself. And damn that's some beautiful country up there! Colder than a well diggers ass in January but still beautiful! They really are some awesome animals. Congrats and I look forward to more stories!

Great story! Now go hunt something else so I can read it.

Hell, the way you write I would happy to read about a Squirrel hunt!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats to you !

Incredible write up and one of the best reads in the the hunting section !

Happy for ya man
cool.gif
</div></div>

This^^

Quit your day job and write for a hunting mag....you got the gift!!

Congratulations on a great hunt and thanks for sharing the wonderful story! He is very large for sure as is apparent in the picture of you holding him up.

Great tale, its refreshing to hear a wolf hunt tale that is about the hunt and the majesty of the animal in question. Not the hate that surrounds many of them.

I've got to tell you though I'm jealous, with a new baby this fall I new I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to a wolf hunt but it sounded epic!

Great story. Glad to hear you got one. I have really enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you get drawn next year. Lol

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the compliments. Although I never considered myself that great of a writer, maybe I'll have to do write ups of future endeavors!

I brought the wolf into the DNR for mandatory inspection. They said it was one of, if not the best looking wolf that had been registered. They took a sample of meat and harvested a tooth. They said I'll be given all the information they find out about him. Of course their scale was broken at the time but the biologist said he was all of 100+ lbs.

The taxidermist is doing a rug for me, should be done in 3-4 months. It will be interesting to see what the DNR can determine about the wolf.

Congratulations to you, sir!
Your perserverance has been rewarded with a real trophy!!!

This was a great read, you should pull it together and submit it to one of the hunting mags. Field and Stream maybe.

Lee.

Congrats dude!!!

Normally when someone has written a "book" I quickly browse threw it for things that may interest me. I read your first half of this story, and when I seen you had an update I was very excited to read it. Your good at putting things on "paper" nice work!

Nice job! I got skunked on the early season....nice to see people getting their wolves

Very good read! I appreciate the time you took to share this awesome adventure with us. Congrats on a beautiful animal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow_06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was a great read, you should pull it together and submit it to one of the hunting mags. Field and Stream maybe.

Lee. </div></div>As a mater of fact because of the responses I've gotten, I did just that and set it to a couple major outdoor mags. We'll see if their interested.

I'm glad you got to get one this season. Great write up and I hope you can get it into a magazine.

Fantastic read...thank you for sharing. Awesome...I hope I can do the same some day in the future.

Possibly the best read Iv had here on the hide .Fantastic animal and write up.congrats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats...btw you could've done follow up story of getting it weighed an talking to the taxidermist.
Make sure you post a pic of the rug once its done. </div></div> Hey look back a couple posts back of mine, I talked about these items. I'll post up and let you guys know what the DNR could determine from the samples they took.

Awesome. Finally an ending, and great one at that. Congrats on the harvest and all the luck in the world on getting the story published. It's well worth the read!

Great write up. Awesome successful story. Congrats and thx for sharing it with us.

Awesome coolest thing i have read in a while. Try submitting to a magazine

Congrats on the wolf. I have a friend that lives in Idaho, he says they are all over his place and has invited me up there to hunt them i just dont ever have the time to get up there

Just an update-

The story made it into "The Varmint Hunter Magazine", below is a link to the magazine, go to page 18 for the story. Word has it the taxidermist should be receiving the pelt back form the tannery any day now and will be starting on the rug right away. Cant wait to get it back!

Spring 2013

Congratulations and a great read. Now if the U.P. of MIchigan can get a season....oh yea!!!

Just an update-

The story made it into "The Varmint Hunter Magazine", below is a link to the magazine, go to page 18 for the story. Word has it the taxidermist should be receiving the pelt back form the tannery any day now and will be starting on the rug right away. Cant wait to get it back!

Spring 2013

Fantastic story, not only the story, but the delivery. I enjoyed every minute of it. I especially liked reading it in Sections, week by week in the telling.
I do hope the rug is done soon so we can see it, and am anxious to find out what the biologists tell you about it.

Cheers,
Tim
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed