wolf match target

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    Is the oil on Wolf ammo necessary for proper operation? If not, I would love to tumble this stuff so I don't have such a mess shooting. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

TOP PREDATOR

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jul 19, 2008
    SCRANTON AREA PENNSYLVANIA
    Re: wolf match target

no, not for there for proper operation of the rifle, if that's what you mean.

it's there to improve accuracy. most good match / target ammo has some form of lube on it, either for keeping the barrel from fouling, making a better gas seal in the barrel, hell maybe even to have slip down the barrel smoother. no one seems to really why it works, but it does.

i would not get rid of it, that's some "golden juice" on there. if your going to take it off, you might as well buy a lesser ammo. you can take it off if you want, but you'll see how much better your groups will be with it on.

wksinatl

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Dec 30, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga

I agree w/ TP, I'd leave it alone. I don't like the mess either but feel it helps accuracy.

Keith

wfjames22

trigger yanker
    Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN

I kind of figured that, but wasnt sure. That stuff is a real PITA, especially when its 100 degrees outside. Thanks for the input.

Inline6

Minuteman
    May 7, 2009
    Tx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why dont you run a series of test (DOE) and find out....data trumps theories... </div></div>

+1 I don't think it would work but what could happen it not shoot good or you prove us all wrong.