• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wolf match target

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    Is the oil on Wolf ammo necessary for proper operation? If not, I would love to tumble this stuff so I don't have such a mess shooting. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Re: wolf match target

no, not for there for proper operation of the rifle, if that's what you mean.

it's there to improve accuracy. most good match / target ammo has some form of lube on it, either for keeping the barrel from fouling, making a better gas seal in the barrel, hell maybe even to have slip down the barrel smoother. no one seems to really why it works, but it does.

i would not get rid of it, that's some "golden juice" on there. if your going to take it off, you might as well buy a lesser ammo. you can take it off if you want, but you'll see how much better your groups will be with it on.

I agree w/ TP, I'd leave it alone. I don't like the mess either but feel it helps accuracy.

Keith

I kind of figured that, but wasnt sure. That stuff is a real PITA, especially when its 100 degrees outside. Thanks for the input.

why dont you run a series of test (DOE) and find out....data trumps theories...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why dont you run a series of test (DOE) and find out....data trumps theories... </div></div>

+1 I don't think it would work but what could happen it not shoot good or you prove us all wrong.