• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Wolf Precision 308

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Well after months of waiting to get all my parts in for my build, I finally got my new 308 built by Wolf Precision (Jamie D.) and am very pleased. Its a Lawton 7000 action with bartlien 1-11.25 5R MTU barrel chambered in 308 match and finished at 24" with a Vais brake. Stock is Mcmillan A-5 in Gap Camo with Badger M5 bottom metal. OD cerakote Color.

I put a Falcon Menace 5.5-25 on it and it's not bad so far until it gets replaced with a USO or Nightforce. Only problem I had was Lawton shipped a 0 MOA base instead of a 20MOA but I had it two days later after calling them.

I was out today and shot some decent groups. No pics until I get a new camera, but at 100 yards I was picking out bullet holes in prior targets and putting them right in there. I didn't measure them but they were sub .5". 300 yards I had a 5 round group at .97" ctc. 4 of the rounds were .67", a nice cluster. I shot 5 rounds at 500 yards. The wind was blowing the corner of the target up so I was trying to shoot in between lol. Anyways, 3 of them were in 1.08" and the other 2 were right of that opening the group up to 2.6". Very pleased though, it was just under an inch of vertical for the group.

I will post other reports when I have more time to get out and do some more shooting
smile.gif

Here are the only two pics I have w/o scope.
rifle2.jpg

rifle1.jpg

Alan

Re: Wolf Precision 308

That's Beautiful!... Now, are you a "lefty" or did you want a left-handed action for keeping your trigger hand fixed?

I am a lefty. I had a RH that I shot lefty for awhile but was always annoyed by having to break my grip from the bag to cycle bolt let alone speak of any positional shooting. I am really liking the left hand bolt. The RH was OK for prone, but just bugged me so I had a really nice one built that will last me.
smile.gif

I have seen and handled this weapon. Jamie D built a real laser for alan98, and the fit/finish is top class.
Got to give the driver some kudos here. I was at the range today with alan98. The wind was switchy and 7-10 mph at the time he shot the 300 and 500. Nice shooting off a bipod and homemade rear bag.

nice rig. What bullets were you sendin out there?

175 smk's, 155 scenars?

also, what part of western Pa you from? Im up around Grove City/Mercer

Now That's Gorgeous!

Thanks Bugman
smile.gif
I'm still learning all this stuff haha. I'm using Lapua brass, Fed 210M primers, 175 SMK with 43.7 Varget at a C.O.L of 2.810. Seems to be working good so far. I really like the Mcmillan A5 too, first one I've ever had.

Thanks Jamie!