• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woman uses Gorilla Glue on hair wants to sue company.

Good for her, hope she wins. No one needs access to glue that strong, except maybe the military. Need wayyyyy more regulation on extra strength glues. Still dumbfounded that you can get this stuff sent directly to your house without any background checks for glue training. She should have had at least 40 hours of level 3 glue technician classes.

The McDonald's hot coffee case is a very different situation than this. The person got 3rd degree burns over a good part of their lap requiring skin grafts, and Mcdonald's refused to compensate for the medical costs at all (asked for $20,000). The jury awarded most of the money because McDonald's knew the temperature of their coffee was too hot.
It's fucking coffee, it is supposed to be hot.

i didn't actually see her video until half an hour ago.
jmo, but i think it looks fine. what happens when it grows?

not 3rd degree burns hot, and she didn't ask for millions. McDonald's was aware of the problem, had many cases of burns before this and ignored them. The jury was sending a message to fix their crap. Not the same as using glue as hairspray.

The McDonald's hot coffee case is a very different situation than this. The person got 3rd degree burns over a good part of their lap requiring skin grafts, and Mcdonald's refused to compensate for the medical costs at all (asked for $20,000). The jury awarded most of the money because McDonald's knew the temperature of their coffee was too hot.
Blah blah blah blah. She did something stooopid and hit the sj lottery. What ever happened to personal responsibility? It doesn't matter if she ended up being a quadraphonic. She dropped the coffee. McDonald's didn't throw it on her. She took it from the DRIVE through and while operating her vehicle dropped it.
Take your sympathetic bs elsewhere.

Blah blah blah blah. She did something stooopid and hit the sj lottery. What ever happened to personal responsibility? It doesn't matter if she ended up being a quadraphonic. She dropped the coffee. McDonald's didn't throw it on her. She took it from the DRIVE through and while operating her vehicle dropped it.
Quadraphonic?

she was not driving, and I am not arguing that the amount awarded is stupid. I am saying it is not the same, what she asked for was somewhat reasonable and McDonald's knew there was a problem and ignored it. 3rd degree burns is not a reasonable temp for coffee, and McDonald's knew it was too hot. My point is people regurgitate BS they have not looked into.

That's not a woman.

Choid, is that you?
she was not driving, and I am not arguing that the amount awarded is stupid. I am saying it is not the same, what she asked for was somewhat reasonable and McDonald's knew there was a problem and ignored it. 3rd degree burns is not a reasonable temp for coffee, and McDonald's knew it was too hot. My point is people regurgitate BS they have not looked into.
You should go check out the story. She got the coffee at the drive through.
Multiple people before and after her got the coffee and managed to not dump it on the hoo hoo.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
Choid, is that you?

Multiple people before and after her got the coffee and managed to not dump it on the hoo hoo.
Google the image of her legs. Coffee should be served that hot?

Reactions: kyzim311
Choid, is that you?

I have a lot more sympathy for a 79 year old woman sitting in the passenger seat of a car in the parking lot trying to put sugar and creamer in her coffee and spilling it one herself asking for $20,000 to cover 3rd degree burns and a week in the hospital than someone that uses glue as hairspray.

And I would appreciate if you didn't have to insult everyone you talk to. Yes it is the internet, and you have not hurt my feelings, but it does no one any good to hurl insults every chance you get.

So it's all about feeewings or absolute facts?
Cuz if you want to just change the laws so everyone feels good about it.
Ummmm, fuck you!!
Google the image of her legs. Coffee should be served that hot?

I have a lot more sympathy for a 79 year old woman sitting in the passenger seat of a car in the parking lot trying to put sugar and creamer in her coffee and spilling it one herself asking for $20,000 to cover 3rd degree burns and a week in the hospital than someone that uses glue as hairspray.

And I would appreciate if you didn't have to insult everyone you talk to. Yes it is the internet, and you have not hurt my feelings, but it does no one any good to hurl insults every chance you get.

Reactions: supercorndogs
So.....in retrospect, at 75 years old, my father, who did have exposure to AO in Vietnam at the air base (be happy to share the story as it is pretty famous in some circles) his skin was so thin that hot tap water could have produced burns that resembled that. Crashed the hell out of my scooter in May and I still have new skin that is sinsitive to sunlight and still hurts, take 20 years off my ass and I’d be rolling like nothing happened. Old = Shit ain’t as good as it used to be.

I think the overall point is that, that is the point at which all America became ‘sue the shit out of everyone for everything’.

Who the hell even remotely thinks spray glue is going to end in anything but bad days ahead? I mean, dollar general has dollar hairspray that will lock that shit up like it’s set in concrete.....Just Say’n

Reactions: Maggot
Correct and there was around 700 prior court decisions against McDonald's for serving coffee at temperatures capable of scalding people to the point of 3rd degree burns. That's why the court in this case levied such a large fine and if I recall correctly, it amounted to 1 days worth of coffee sales for McDonald's. There's a law firm (or there used to be) that had a write-up, in plain language not lawyer double-speak, that explained the whole case and history behind it. With that being said, I agree there needs to be some major tort reform in this country but never gonna happen. Too many special interests at this point.

OMG i big brawl at a wedding!!

not really, just white people having white people fun. check out the bride, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
now if only that crazy piece of crap would get the mental help she so desperately needs a nice padded cell where she can't hurt herself anymore and a nice jacket to keep her feeling loved with hourly medicines to keep her happy .

My Glock’s manual didn’t say I couldn’t use it to remove cavities at home.
1612958518251.gif

Reactions: camocorvette
Yes McDonald's coffee was hot, they advertised it, it was a selling point. Anyone want a lukewarm cup of coffee?

If I turn my water heater up too high and scald myself, do I sue the water heater maker because it can make water that hot?

Justifying a frivolous law suit pay out against a company, because they make so much money.{emotional ploy-envy/bargaining}

Oh, she only wanted 20k for medical expenses but mean ole Mickey D's would not give it up. Dur, they weren't going to take on liability like that, and her lawyers knew it. Then its their fault the coffee burned someone who dumped it on themselves, and opens them up to others that burn themselves with coffee.

A good lawyer tells you when to talk and what to say. He weaves a story like "Little Red Riding Hood." My client is not greedy, she only wanted 20k just to help with the medical bills, but now they were so mean to her; she needs a couple million. People suck it right up. Its the same emotional ploys they use to get support for bad laws, ordinances, and mandates based on feelers.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
So.....in retrospect, at 75 years old, my father, who did have exposure to AO in Vietnam at the air base (be happy to share the story as it is pretty famous in some circles) his skin was so thin that hot tap water could have produced burns that resembled that. Crashed the hell out of my scooter in May and I still have new skin that is sinsitive to sunlight and still hurts, take 20 years off my ass and I’d be rolling like nothing happened. Old = Shit ain’t as good as it used to be.

I think the overall point is that, that is the point at which all America became ‘sue the shit out of everyone for everything’.

Who the hell even remotely thinks spray glue is going to end in anything but bad days ahead? I mean, dollar general has dollar hairspray that will lock that shit up like it’s set in concrete.....Just Say’n
Can you tell us about the scooter crash?

I commend your honesty. I'd have lied and told everyone I wiped out on a motorcycle.

This is also a testimony to the effectiveness of gorilla glue.
It obviously works well when used correctly or incorrectly!

• Haha
Reactions: MCHOG
Wonder if Walmart will have to start putting in locked cases? Oh wait, they got sued last time they did that!

Democrats are pussies that don't like hot coffee.
Big difference between hot and scalding.

Also, when the help can't put the lid on properly, there's a problem... happened to me a couple of times. You should have seen them scrambling and look on their face was priceless.

What moron doesn’t know coffee is hot?

Report said the coffee was between 180 and 190 degrees F. Nobody including my wife can drink coffee that hot. However placing the coffee between one's legs was a contributing factor, one that the jury didn't agree with.

One of the biggest issues is that the lid is too Loosely fitting at that temperature. Can't tell you how many times I've been to McDonald's or some other play some gotten coffee through the drive-thru or even just a simple drink and they couldn't put the lid on properly.

McDonald's is pretty scummy when it came to their hot coffee. Wanna know why their coffee was so hot? It was done deliberately by the staff to make the coffee so hot that the customer wouldn't be able to get a refill because the coffee would take so long to cool off. I'm pretty sure they stopped doing that.

Not to be out done.

This considerate gentleman set out on an experiment to verify if the girl was over exaggerating her plight.
He tested this hypothesis by using gorilla glue to secure a red solo cup to his mouth.

His experiment was a success! He discovered that Gorilla Glue does indeed work on human body parts.

I love that they made him wear a mask in the ER room.

Len-Martin-Cup.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
A car is for transportation. It's not a dining room, coffee house, mobile office space, phone booth or any of the other fucktard shit people do while driving.
The suck is that many innocent people get taken out by the FUCKING idiots testing the Darwin theory.
Road rage? I bet if you eliminate all the above bullshit while "driving" your grandma wouldn't turn into Satan when she turns the ignition on.
Drive through fast food..... A diabetic with a coke between the legs, stuffing a cheeseburger in their pie hole, talking on the phone with kids in the back seat. I know how we survived without using seatbelts, air bags, car seats and all the garbage needed to survive the death race to Skip's tee ball, little jen's dance class.

Ah fuck.... You are 100% correct. It was mcdonald's fault and they should pay out the ass for someone's stooopidity.

Anyone stupid enough to put pray glue in hair would not be bothered by a warning that says not to. Let's remove all warning and let nature take its course.

I really miss the Darwin Award website. Don't know if it ever got rejuvenated but I know they stopped updating it when people started getting pissy about stupid people dying doing stupid things...

Edit: yep, it's running... there really needs to be a subcategory for Darwin Awards where the person doesn't actually died... Just being extremely stupid

Last edited: