• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woo Haaa, 'new' car!

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
Here she is, still no name for her yet, but she is getting a little TLC for some mechanical grips and a small electric issue. I think it's fuses and a bad u joint, but she runs good, and handles very well and the 5 Speed is a nice tight aftermarket stickshift kit.

1996240SXSE2.jpg

1996 240SX SE, 'Zenki' series

Re: Woo Haaa, 'new' car!

So now are ya gonna drop that 300ZX twin Turbo powerplant in there. Just think of all the time she'll save, getting to the store!!!!

HA. (you know I'm kidding)

Nice car, and good job on the search.

Just finished painting the front lip black to match the wheels. Detailed the interior this morning, engine and trunk were done the other day. Ordered the trunk seal from Nissan for $5, and now I need to get a set of mats for it since it took three hours to detail out the interior with over half that in scrubbing and vacuuming the carpets and seats with the Bissel Hot Steamer.
I have always had a thing for these cars but never knew they were 240SX's until a while back. I always thought they were japan only Silvias until I saw one and wondered wtf it was and why it sounded so damn wicked. Since Red got crunched, I had to look hard and found this one...so far me and the boy have pretty much settled on 'Burst Angel' for a name...a little Japanese Anime thing

My buddy had a Mint 240sx with all the spendy bolt ons, and it was still dogshit slow!

I like the looks of the "Kouki" version... Or better yet an S-15 conversion. But wouldn't touch one without an SR20DET/RB26DETT/LSx V8 swap installed... or plans for immediate installation of one of those motors!

The kid gets to figure out all the 'minor' stuff on this one since he will be learning to drive in it. He will however, have to work, and own his own hooptie since there is no way this car will be his DD until he learns ALL the driveing behaviors well.
As to the name, Baasuto Tenshi it is. He wants a plate made with the girl centered in an oval light grey fade to black outer with red surround and the Kanji in either white or yellow around blue.

On quick and fast: This car has the VLSD with the 4.08 gearset and a five speed. It's quick enough off the line, gets up to five over quick enough, and wil top out at 135+
hp:weight ratio is where a well balanced car becomes something fun regardless of speed. A set of coil overs, RS Enthalpy ECU, cold air intake, R32 brakes, R32 throttle body, window tint and tunes will make a darn good DD.
The car has JDM grill inserts and tail light parts, so the kid wants to kit it with all the proper '96 JDM badging and give the car a nice JDM tag.
His later idea after he makes some money actually working is to build either a NA KA(250hp, 4.56 gears, 10.90 set up) or a RB26DET for a 9.90 set up...parts are available and if he wants to spend it like that, no problem, either way, it's still a DD. He wants a race car or street fighter, he can get his own ride
wink.gif

Your going to spend some cash for a 9.90 car,At least make it the TT version. Or save alot of money and LSx that bad boy. guy here at work has the same car pictured above in black. Same SE with the 5 lug 5 speed.

If it was only me making the decision, I would stay N/A KA, six gears on a 4.56 and be done with it. If the kid wants to work hard and spend his cash on a turbo, so be it. He just digs the BOV sounds on shift and decel. A KA-T will cost $3500 for teh hairdryer, and about $2.5k in hard engine parrts

He can get a whole RB26DET drop out from a local car place near me for like 2.5k. Im pretty sure they get containers monthly with all kinds of wicked cool deals.

Whatever the boy decides to lay out his hard earned for, along with some of mine, it will be right onto the engine stand, torn down, then rebuilt to insure all is well. He already knows the machine shops charge 'about $600-$2500' to align bore and hone, and resleeve or bore and strokekit install.
I told him that there is a hard line on reliability, and that the car will never see anything harder that back road spirited driving, or an autocross course or parking at an import event should he decide we need to go to something like NAshville's Import Alliance events...heheh, asian models in small bikinis

That's cool. I love datsuns had a 71 510. Lookin for another and going to install my 4.3 in it. It's full roller and about 325hp.

Old five and dimes are cool, always will be. A 4.3 in it will scream, especially with 300+hp. I think long term I may save up for another block and get a BS stroker kit for a 2.6 with a set of lumpy cams. With cubic displacement torque isn't a big issue down low and in the mids, besides, a nice lopey idle always sounds wicked cool in a straight four

My 4.3 is not stock by any means. Ported heads. Fuel injection. 10.5:1 comparison and the biggest can I can run on the factory computer. My blazer can smoke the 35 x 15.5 x 15 sx's. It is spooled so its both rear tires. I have a nice lope from the cam too.

I have a 1998 Ford F-150. She's got a stock 4.6L that I've put a K&N air filter in. She's got about 215,000 miles, more dents than not, leaks brake fluid and has an exhaust leak.

I recently modded her out with a new set of tires. She came stock with power nothing, AM/FM radio, not even a tape deck so I put in a crapass walmart CD player.

I did put an HK (as in Heckler & Koch) sticker on the back window next to the Browning logo.

Recently while parked at a bar, some asshole left me a nice new dent in my door where he/she backed into me. Made sure the window went down and door shut, and it's all good!

Not sure if this year I'm going to spring for camo seat covers.

She may not look pretty, she may sound like she's going to blow up when I start her up, but I get from point a to point b no problem!