• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOOHOO!!! I Won!!!!! Update...Pic Added

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
I just found out I am one of the 5 Grand Prize winners in the Ruger 357 Ways to win sweepstakes put on by the Ruger Co. I won a Ruger LCR 357 Mag. revolver. This is the first real thing I have ever won in a sweepstakes and it is a firearm. I did win a hamburger at McDonald's once but I didn't really count that....lol. Now to get all the paperwork done and sent back to them.

Re: WOOHOO!!! I Won!!!!!

congratulations man enjoy the revolver.

Only thing I'd actually buy from Ruger other than 10/22
smile.gif

Just heard from my dealer and the LCR 357 is in. Gonna pick it up there tomorrow morning. Will post a pic of it in a couple of days. Ruger also has another contest going on. It's called
The Ruger Good Things Come in 3's Sweepstakes. Their giving away 3 handguns in one package. Here is the link if anyone's interested in entering. I already have...lol.

http://www.ruger.com/promo/3inaRow/index.html?r=y

Nice! I entered the 357 Ways To Win and entered the Good Things Come In 3s the other day. I figure it can't hurt, and apparently people do win them! That's great news, enjoy that gun!

Re: WOOHOO!!! I Won!!!!! Pic Added.

Picked up the Ruger from my dealer yesterday. It is one little revolver, with a big bite when it goes off. I only shot it 10 times. 5 times w/ 357 mag loads and 5 times w/ 38 special loads to check function and see how it recoiled being so small. It's definitely a handful w/ the 357 loads. Told my brother that if I missed what I was shooting at the muzzle blast would get it...lol. Here's a pic of it.
LCR357.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's definitely a handful w/ the 357 loads. Told my brother that if I missed what I was shooting at the muzzle blast would get it...lol. </div></div>

My pocket gun is a similar model from S&W(the model 340PD). I set out at the range one day to put a box of magnum rounds through it. Geeeez... did my hand hurt after that! Look at the short barrel loads from Speer Gold Dot. They have good ballistics, without the hurt. Also, ensure that your weak hand thumb is tucked down or you will wear powder flecks (expelled from between the cylinder and the barrel) in your thumb for a few days (I learned that the hard way).

For what it's worth, also check out these tests:

Link

Just signed up for the good things come in 3's. Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully another member will win this one as well.