• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Work in Progress

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I just want to put it out here, that with the changes, the updates, etc, this is still a bit of a work in progress

I have to tweak a lot of settings, I have to re-learn a lot of the system as vB 5 is a huge change and was a major update.

if you see something let me know we'll address it

If you want to wander around the internet and find a plug in for vBulletin 5 (has to 5 only) that you want added, let me know we'll add it.

We'll get this place back up and running like a Swiss watch in short order

Thanks

Awesome stuff Frank.
    Hopefully this site will get back to being the greatest site for us kind of guys.

ETA: seems I have lost a few thousand posts... oh well.
    Atleast my original screen name is still mine and my join date is correct.

I'm sure I saw a post here somewhere, where Frank asked for suggestions for new forum areas.

I'd like to suggest a 'Snipers and sniper history' forum, where articles about famous snipers and historical sniping techniques/equipment etc. can be posted. Sean the Nailer has posted a few threads about snipers in the 'Fieldcraft' section, but I'm not sure that is the ideal place.

I'm really glad things are back over on the "old hide".

If I could make a small suggestion: Would it be possible to put a "sub folder" inside of a forum for all of the sticky threads? There is so much good info in those stickies, but certain forums have nearly the entire first page stacked with stickies. Does the software allow for something like the main Bolt Action Rifles forum to have a sub folder called "Sticky" that all sticky threads could be moved to (or at least all of the "inactive or locked" sticky threads, thereby allowing more recent threads to be on the first page of the forum?

Again, I know there are a thousand more important things to do right now, but perhaps this would be a decent idea for an update in the future.

Just a suggestion.

The "Mark This Channel Read" button doesn't seem to work, nor does actually reading all the threads. All the posts that were "new" show up as still "new" when I revisit the site. Makes it hard to keep up.

I've reset/cleared cookies/private data, etc. but no help. This was one of my biggest beefs with Scout; not being able to just go to the next unread response in a thread when revisiting the site.

Reactions: fxdrider