• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

work out routines

fish2keel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Guys what are the work out's? I've been doing mostly arm's,upper chest and shoulders. I used to do legs a lot but got bored with legs after doing them so much. I want to get a new routine for everything including my ab's and my legs again.

Anyone got any routine they really like more than others? I used to do a routine of a warm up run to get my heart rate to around 170-180 then would jump right into weights(old baseball routine). My weights were doing 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps each. Flat bench, incline dumb bells, flys, negative bench,curl, then shoulders with dumb bells. I would then do ab's but with doing sit ups regular and negative with a weight plate.

I did this often but have stopped and really want to hit it again.Should I change up my routine or keep it the same?

Thanks guys!

Re: work out routines

im a recovering body building split user.
i stopped the magazine splits a few years ago. i've gotten bigger and stronger at a super fast rate compared to my previous training.

i use variations of the west side barbell method, 5/3/1, and defranco's WS4SB exclusively. no burn out. continual gains.
foam roll, stretch and do mobility drills before every work out. cardio and conditioning at least 3 times a week.

My first advice would be to spend a couple sessions with a trainer to help get you squared away. Secondly you're missing out if you don't include legs in your workout. Your legs include the biggest muscles in your body and are the easiest way to get your body in a muscle building state.

Squats, squats and more squats...

What works for me was 3-4 sets 8-12 reps per set
Day1 chest and bi's focus upper chest
Day2 legs
Day3 shoulder and abs
Day4 back and tri's
Day5 chest and bi's focus lower chest
Workouts for me are between 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and when I say focus upper or lower chest still train abit 50% on mid chest other then that as for exercises try alot and stick with the ones that give the best burn and results not all exercises work the same for everyone so find what works for you

I'd suggest checking out Starting Strength. I think that most folks in they gym waste a lot of time with isolation exercises when they could be squatting, deadlifting, and the like.

—Andreas