• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

World War 2 Sniper rifles

jsmythe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Nashville, TN, USA
I know that gibbsrifle.com offers newly made firing replica 1903-A4 Springfield Sniper Rifles and Mauser.org offers very fine Mosin Sniper Rifles. Does anyone know where I can purchase a good Mauser 98k Sniper rifle or an British Enfield BSA M47 No4 #4 Mk1 Sniper rifle? i know I can probably pick them up at the usual gun shows or on gunbroker.com, but i was wondering if anyone knew of a company that makes them. Or if they do make them. Is my best bet just to scour gun shows and gunbroker.com? Also does anyone have any experience with either Mauser.org or gibbsrifle.com? Are the rifles worth having?

I know Mitchell Mauser does pretty good at repros. Don't know of anyone doing an Enfield. Hang out with the reenactors of WWII. They always have an insight to these types of guns. If you can't afford an original, building your own repro is the cheapest. Hard to get your money out of repros, so shoot it and have fun.

If you can get your hands on a gook K98 Accumounts makes three or four different mounts for the mauser. I have the Long Side Rail mount on mine, I have had two repro Zielvier scopes didn't think much of them so I switched to a Weaver K4. It's a terrible rifle to shoot prone but it shoots really well

The only "company" that I know of selling K98 reproduction snipers is Mitchell's Mauser's. I don't care for the ethics of that company. In my opinion your best bet is to find a nice K98 Russian Capture and going with a reproduction mount. As stated before Accumounts sells decent reproductions, but steer clear of the RSM and Chinese copies on eBay. You should also stay away from the reproduction K98 sniper scopes. You can still find period correct or German post war optics online that will work. Here are a couple of mine.

I would avoid Mitchell Mauser on moral grounds, the Gibbs are built on recovered drill rifles and by all accounts are good shooters. In the long run buying a real siper would be the best bet. It's resale is going to increase, a repro is going to decrease.

AIM is selling 91/30 PU's at $550 and they surprisingly accurate, post war refurbs. 03a4's, m1C's and D's and No4 T's are all going to be 3k or more if original.

You can't go wrong dealing with Simpsons Ltd.
I was also happy with my transaction with Robert at RWS who posted above.

Just keep your eyes open.

DSCF0032a_zpsebdf6480.jpg